Why MOST Indians are jealous of others?

the attitude is primarily due to ones socio economic conditions present. Indians tend to compare Indian behavior with people from other developed nations. It is being discussed a lot more these days as a jerk reaction due to our increased interactions to other countrymen.

But then our society and its people grew up in a society which gave prime importance to survival mechanisms over socially admirable behavior. Even parents would encourage children to climb over others if necessary (is crab mentality a good thing?) to ensure ones personnel growth. if one were to compare this society with third world countries of similar socio economic conditions, we would be just as human (may be even better off) as any other.

What socio - economic conditions.? Indians living in urban centers are having a high standard lifestyle and are quite different from the rural / village set up. But this entitled group still behaves in an archaic fashion with no regard for man, animal or weed. New Delhi is equivalent to a developed nation per say, I do not see people behaving in a sane and normal fashion. Are we Indians not abnormal from birth..? It seems so. Or do we need to remind each other constantly and persistently: that India is a 3rd World Nation..?

Being mean and crude and indifferent to the human next to you does not show-case survival mechanisms. We are a selfish lot and that is why jealousy reeks from every pore. Indians can only digest success if theirs...!

All this talk about jealousy got me thinking about the flak rite received from unkind TE members whenever he created a thread ;)

Rockport VS John Brothers Custom Shoes
Tailor Made Suits in Delhi. Which are the good ones?
I'm sure if some respected member here posts such a thread they will get a more positive response. I was not involved with TE discussions much then, but was just a wild spectator, and from what I remember, those reactions were due to posting such content constantly.

That's what i don't understand about the threads that @rite created. Forget about being disrespectful, boastful or condescending; in all the threads he created i never once found his writing style to be in the least bit forceful (like mine) or annoying. I could never understand why some TE members went to extraordinary lengths to chastise him. :confused:
It's because of the reputation he had built up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't rite the same user as techboi? So, that bias creeps up in other genuine threads he makes too.

Don't we hate our relatives/extended family even more than someone who isn't related? Considering how competitive we are as a people, aren't we more likely to compete/fight with our immediate family/extended family members?

Relative I meant first blood line. After that it is open-game.

I am starting to think I am very lucky or I am living in a parallel universe. Either I don't see or don't give a damn and perhaps that's why I only see people around me being good to me or genuinely happy on my success, whether it is friends or relatives and I myself feel very happy and proud of the achievements of people I know, including you folks over at TE.
Also I think this attitude is present the world over as has been mentioned a lot of times in this thread itself so I would say it is ingrained in human nature to a degree and us Indians are comparatively more social (which is definitely changing) than people in other countries are. I still remember our parents leaving us with neighbours when there was some emergency so like everything there are 2 sides of a coin and I prefer to look at the rosy side of the picture.

I am starting to think I am very lucky or I am living in a parallel universe. Either I don't see or don't give a damn and perhaps that's why I only see people around me being good to me or genuinely happy on my success, whether it is friends or relatives and I myself feel very happy and proud of the achievements of people I know, including you folks over at TE.
Also I think this attitude is present the world over as has been mentioned a lot of times in this thread itself so I would say it is ingrained in human nature to a degree and us Indians are comparatively more social (which is definitely changing) than people in other countries are. I still remember our parents leaving us with neighbours when there was some emergency so like everything there are 2 sides of a coin and I prefer to look at the rosy side of the picture.

Which place are you from, if I may ask.

I agree that such attitudes are found in some people but generalizing it would not be good. I too agree with rdst_1. I usually share important things with only close family and friends. I can say that I have not faced such things. I have had pretty tough times and can say that family & friends have always tried to help me and motivate me. Maybe I am quite lucky :)

There is always one thing. If you start listening, you will hear 1000 voices. Only give importance to people who have genuine interest in you and ignore the rest.

I know at least two dozen people who are jealous to me, but I never gave a damn, I mean I am not jealous to anyone, so why would I or anyone for that matter be concerned or bothered when it's not mine/your problem?
And no, I don't agree with the fact it's widely spread everywhere. It depends on that country's overall economical condition imho.

I totally agree with "if i suffer so must everyone else" type freaking pathetic mentality.
I never understood how people could think about other people, let alone back talking and back biting about them. I mean don't they have any work or something? I work, try to work hard, come back little tired, then my PC, gaming, movies and browsing and reading stuffs, chattering with parents, friends sometimes, all day spent, how could I think that my next door neighbour has became a billionaire and I am still not! However the most important part is not 'how', it's 'why'!
If Einstein were alive he would have said, there are some things which will always be understandable :)

Last edited:
Back