Why MOST Indians are jealous of others?

i really don't understand the mentality of many Indians, being jealous of other people and that their close friends, relatives and even with their bro/sis :eek::eek::eek:

No matter if they get good jobs, better house/car, better lifestyle, instead of appreciating it they start showing ignorance/hatred due to jealousy :mad::mad::mad:

Can anyone throw some light, how and why this mentality has emerged, and is it limited only to middle class people only?

Recently one of my friend has got Xuv as his birthday gift, and within weeks i can see the attitude of other people towards like him is, arre baap ka paisa hia aish karle , and even started avoiding him on outings~~ but baap bi toh usich ka hia according to me, if he will not spend on his kids then on whom they will spend ?

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........feeling sleepy...........

@Being.smart ....i have a counter question ---- Why do i feel sleepy after lunch?? I think I need to open a thread for this man
infact, another question ....why the **** do I fel the urge to pee everytime I have a couple of beers?

Cause Indians love to poke their noses in each others business. So they have far greater opportunities to be jealous.
This.

Most Indians don't respect other people's private lives. They want to know every tidbit of what's going on in the lives of their distant relatives, neighbours, colleagues, friends (justifiable), friends of friends, friends of friends of friends, etc...

You can see why Indian TV serials are so popular. Ever observed how most of it takes place within the home itself? It perfectly satisfies the lust for privacy violation, which is sacred to most Indians. No wonder many are addicted to such shows.

When you worry so much about all the details that others are doing with their lives, you are naturally bound to make comparisons with your own. And that breeds jealousy.

Though, you can also be perfectly happy knowing that someone you know is doing good, but the cultural aspects of our mega-hypocrite nation doesn't let them be. Not that it is not seen anywhere outside India, but it is just too prevalent here. Even Indians who live abroad are known to be extra snoopy about others' private lives.

Not to disprove you but like KSBKBT, The Bold & the Beautiful is just as popular for some of the same reasons all over the world. To be honest, family soap operas are popular all over the world.
Yes, I forgot to clarify myself. It's not exclusive to Indians alone, but I was talking about the intensity with which it is pursued. Also, other countries have a variety of other popular shows as well. In India the equation is skewed towards one type of content? Guess what? That's what I intended to imply.

Hopefully this kind of culture won't be prevalent in the subsequent generation. What with the advent of the internet, people are opening up and getting broader minds. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most people in the current younger generation (20-30 years old) aren't really interested in these family drama serials.

Hopefully this kind of culture won't be prevalent in the subsequent generation. What with the advent of the internet, people are opening up and getting broader minds. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most people in the current younger generation (20-30 years old) aren't really interested in these family drama serials.

You may be true but not all have access to the western programs like you and me and most don't even know about them and they watch the Indian TV only daily and slowly they sort of start liking it (i think) however crap the serials may be.
And believe me the serials are so so bad you will want to break your TV, i have actually seen some of them at dinner and all since my wife watches them. She watches english TV series too but is more inclines towards the crap hindi ones.

70ccc58b553daff59e462c6bb20c5ec91e0d2dc95e6e75b1d10f0eeb74e946f7.jpg

We don't lust for privacy violation. We just don't know what privacy means.
That's the same to me. Not knowing that something is a crime doesn't mean it's not a crime when you do it. Trying to feign ignorance of the fact is also part of the problem.

It is quite annoying when someone asks you, your name and then says: full name (if the second part is Kumar or Singh; then they blatantly ask "what is beyond that").. These are usually the colony old - geezers who retired from government posts and have nothing to do but squander time. There is nothing like privacy in our lives.

Cause of jealousy, why you all think Nazar or Nazarana is such a big aspect. Specially up North. LOL.

This a billion times

You have been / are in US and you may have seen this about privacy, others don't really
It is quite annoying when someone asks you, your name and then says: full name (if the second part is Kumar or Singh; then they blatantly ask "what is beyond that").. These are usually the colony old - geezers who retired from government posts and have nothing to do but squander time. There is nothing like privacy in our lives.

Cause of jealousy, why you all think Nazar or Nazarana is such a big aspect. Specially up North. LOL.

And they will ask you all sort of questions based on your surname and even deduce your cast and place of origin and god knows what all.

And they will ask you all sort of questions based on your surname and even deduce your cast and place of origin and god knows what all.

Primarily for caste status and ethnic affiliation. Subsequently tell others. Back to square one. What-goes-around-comes-around...!

Back