Video Why the major price difference? TV worth 2.5 Lakhs for 1.85?

viratshah

BossMan
Disciple
Hello,
I was planning on purchasing a 55 inch ES8000 and was wondering how was such a major price difference possible between sellers on eBay and Vijay sales.
Vijaysales website lists the TV at 2.55 Lakhs and after bargaining with them it would come upto a minimum of 2.30 Lakhs.

Are the sellers on Ebay who sell brand new TV's for 1.85 Lakhs trustworthy?
How can they afford to sell it at such a low price. Do these dealerships really have so much margin?

Hello,
I was planning on purchasing a 55 inch ES8000 and was wondering how was such a major price difference possible between sellers on eBay and Vijay sales.
Vijaysales website lists the TV at 2.55 Lakhs and after bargaining with them it would come upto a minimum of 2.30 Lakhs.

Are the sellers on Ebay who sell brand new TV's for 1.85 Lakhs trustworthy?
How can they afford to sell it at such a low price. Do these dealerships really have so much margin?

Did you ask the ebay seller about warranty ? Is it company warranty or dealer warranty ?
I am 100% sure that vijay sales is selling the TV with company warranty of 1 year while the ebay seller mostly has an imported piece (read: grey market) and hence the difference, no warranty remember that.
You can ask the seller if he will provide a company bill and whether warranty is there or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i searched ebay and found the listing. It says "DEALER WARRANTY" which basically means no company warranty.

Personal thought is that i would not pay the additional money for warranty as there is a very less chance of TV going bad in first one year but then you never know and it is always a risk. I have taken this risk before and would not mind taking it again if and when i buy a new TV.

If you are in the same city as the seller, it might be worth taking the risk of buying a grey market product after ensuring you have checked where his store is.

If you are in the same city as the seller, it might be worth taking the risk of buying a grey market product after ensuring you have checked where his store is.

And he might even get it lower than the 1.85 Lakh price as here ebay will charge him commission even if it a COD order. As it is i see it has been mentioned in the listing that it is local delivery only so probably anyone outside Delhi / NCR cannot buy this TV at all from this seller.

Back