Wi-fi Router/Modem for Jio Sim

Hi,

I'm wanting to buy a modem/router which can take the Jio 4G SIM as input & provide internet. There is no cable connection in the area. Only Jio 4G is the solution.

I have already bought the Jio dongle, but it dies as i need to keep it on power 24X7. The battery bloats.

Budget - Nothing specific, should do the job.

Features - Should support JIO SIM card & have excellent range. (will be adding wi-fi extenders as well).

Thanks in advance.[DOUBLEPOST=1543940481][/DOUBLEPOST]Will this work for my requirements ? -

https://www.amazon.in/TP-LINK-TL-MR..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=AC20W5WM2FC8YQ60NEED

Last edited:
I have already bought the Jio dongle, but it dies as i need to keep it on power 24X7. The battery bloats.

Err, you do know you can run it without a battery right?

I'm not 100% sure about the current devices but the old one could definitely run on a usb charger with the battery removed. That what my bro has been doing for almost 2 years now since his battery bloated and i told him he could run it direct.[DOUBLEPOST=1543945509][/DOUBLEPOST]p.s. i would recommend a 1A usb charger at max. 2A may be overkill for continuous use. I've tried 500mA and some work, some don't. 750mA works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a JioFi of choice, remove battery, get a DIR 505, flash rooter firmware. if you dont want to use a JioFi and instead any phone via USB tethering, that also works. Have used this and it is brilliant.

I've seen those Jio wifi devices show up as 480Mbps speed in Lan settings in windows. Compare to normal routers that only have 100Mbps max. Does anyone know if Jio speeds go above 100Mbps (12.5MBps) if you live in a good connection area?

Get a JioFi of choice, remove battery, get a DIR 505, flash rooter firmware. if you dont want to use a JioFi and instead any phone via USB tethering, that also works. Have used this and it is brilliant.

Have couple of them, let me try removing the battery & running them. The phone tethering option can also be evaluated, but can i connect a wi-fi extender to phone tethered connection ?

Thanks

Err, you do know you can run it without a battery right?

I'm not 100% sure about the current devices but the old one could definitely run on a usb charger with the battery removed. That what my bro has been doing for almost 2 years now since his battery bloated and i told him he could run it direct.[DOUBLEPOST=1543945509][/DOUBLEPOST]p.s. i would recommend a 1A usb charger at max. 2A may be overkill for continuous use. I've tried 500mA and some work, some don't. 750mA works perfectly.

Hey, i have a noob question - What do you mean when you mention 500mA & 750mA ?

I've seen those Jio wifi devices show up as 480Mbps speed in Lan settings in windows. Compare to normal routers that only have 100Mbps max. Does anyone know if Jio speeds go above 100Mbps (12.5MBps) if you live in a good connection area?

Not sure, i have average speed in my area.

AC-DC adapters specify the output in volts and amperes. USB chargers are usually 5 volts (denoted by 5V) and the current can be anywhere from 500 milliamperes (500mA) to multiple amps. 1000ma=1A. For example, 2A or 2 amperes is equal to 2000 milliamps.

See the Output line here: it means it outputs 5 volts, the solid dash with the broken dash below it denotes DC and the 550mA means it delivers 0.55A of current.

The input line means it can take in between 100 and 240 volts, the tilde (~) after that signifies the input is AC, and the 50/60Hz is the line frequency. The 0.2A means it draws 200 milliamps of AC current.

FYTEU5BGATU1CPU.MEDIUM.jpg

Have couple of them, let me try removing the battery & running them. The phone tethering option can also be evaluated, but can i connect a wi-fi extender to phone tethered connection ?

Thanks

Not sure, i have average speed in my area.

Yes, wifi extenders can extend most wifi setups.

Back