Widescreen monitor for movies ?

Hi all thinking of getting new monitor... which is 16:9 .. currently using E248WFP but now need something which is 16:9 and has hdmi support n all better DCR and CR . n all other features too... i was looking at getting BENQ2420HD...kindly advice.. how is this monitor in compared to E248WFP !! and are there any other option to go for.. Main motives is to watches movies !!! lil gaming !!...LCD.. i dont want to spend so much ..14k Max what i looking at a..please advice what to go for...

One more thing is it worth getting 5850 and Raptor... as thinking of sellign mine 640AAKS and GTX 275.. Please lemme know.. looking forward in purchasing them today !!!.

anks22402 said:
what is so good abt led monitor !!!??

LED's are less power consumption and little different in picture quality from normal one....this much i know and hope these are the major difference( correct me if i am wrong)

clown_abhi said:
It has very high dynamic contrast for a stark difference between black and white resulting in good overall image quality.

Please not that dynamic contrast has nothing to do with the overall image quality .. This is a false notion that is very prevalent these days ..
In Contrast Ratios only static ones matter if at all .. Basically the contrast ratio means the different shades that are present in between the brighest White and darkest Black .. Usually (before manufacturers got smart) this would indicate the overall picture quality .. But now most of the manufacturese including Dell have just started make blacks more black etc there by exponentially increasing these ratios .. hence i would advice you to go to a showroom and check the quality rather than falling for these measures ..

Got one, and it's taking time getting used to 1900 X 1080, such a wide screen estate, a treat to work in Fireworks, but I think 24 is too big, will try playing some games to see how it looks !

Back