Wierd Problems Wid BSNL

ubergeek

Skilled
i have the 500rs ul plan and i can download music torrents easily but whnenever i try to download movie torrents i get patheic speeds eventhough there are a lot of seeds and peers please help i have tried port forwardingals but i still am getting pathetic speeds wid movies torrents please help

Alright!

Then its not me alone here it seems. I have the same problem. Somehow I believe that those folks have figured out that packets that are coming to-fro are torrents and are dropping them. Since torrent are network hogs, I believe it might have slowed down there TV bandwidth. However all these are speculations.

Lets see if someone also has similar problem.

~LT
ubergeek said:
i have the 500rs ul plan and i can download music torrents easily but whnenever i try to download movie torrents i get patheic speeds eventhough there are a lot of seeds and peers please help i have tried port forwardingals but i still am getting pathetic speeds wid movies torrents please help

before you do this, i hope you have set your torrent connections as per your bandwidth. too much upload can limit your download.

make your max download speed 80% of your total download speed (bandwidth/8)

make your max upload speed 10% of your total download speed (max upload speed/8)

check if your port is forwarded properly.

use a non standard port. don't use the ports between 6881-6889, avoid other p2p ports as well, such as 1214(Kazaa) 4662(eDonkey/emule), 411-413(DC++) or even 0-1056.

enable protocol encrypton and change ports frequently since isps can see torrent traffic and throttle bandwidth accordingly.

also use peerguardian to block nasty traffic, and a good firewall.

routinely change your ports,

Switch to uTorrent and enable encryption. Should sort your problem.

Also ensure your post is forwarded and uTorrent is showing incoming connections open.

Anish said:
Switch to uTorrent and enable encryption. Should sort your problem.

Also ensure your post is forwarded and uTorrent is showing incoming connections open.

yep did both of the things and when i download movies via torrents it does notgo beyond 45kbps please help:huh: :mad:

Whenever i try to use utorrents with ports open and Encryption enabled, Internet disconnects and there is downtime of 6 hours atleast.

Last month i got a bill for 15K on 500 Night Unlimited Plan. So i switched over to 900 256Kbps UL Plan. When i open the Usage Page from BSNL with the Portal ID, It informs that there is no Usage History for previous months. I am not able to check my usage last month or anytime ...

I dont know whats goin on. I hate their customer care and now their internet connection.

senfunn said:
Whenever i try to use utorrents with ports open and Encryption enabled, Internet disconnects and there is downtime of 6 hours atleast.

Last month i got a bill for 15K on 500 Night Unlimited Plan. So i switched over to 900 256Kbps UL Plan. When i open the Usage Page from BSNL with the Portal ID, It informs that there is no Usage History for previous months. I am not able to check my usage last month or anytime ...

I dont know whats goin on. I hate their customer care and now their internet connection.

You paid 15k???? :wow:

^^ I really hope you did not.....In all probablity, It was a billing error, which can be resolved...unless you really downloaded during the non-unlimited hours...

Port forwward + encryption + Peer Guardian= Perfect torrent download..
If it doesnt work then see if the normal download downloads at full speed, and tell us the speed, It might be a problem of a faulty line..

All the talk abt blocking packets is BS, because, Torrents are as it is hard to block, when u enable encryption, it becomes fool proof, They cant afford methods to block them ,on such a large scale.

Also check if there is a green icon in utorrent in the status bar below..

Are the music and movie torrents from the same source??
U can try torrents from the bay top 100 for trial...Will show the best results..

Encryption is already enabled .. but not peer guardian. Let me check out.
Not yet paid the bill, but the guys are not co-operating to check the usage and lodge a complaint :-( I wonder how they manage with all this billing errors.
The Download SNR is 5.8db and it disconnects quite often.

All port forwarding, firewalls should be enabled on your modem/router leave windows firewall disabled. And set router to auto connect when it is powered. Make sure you use openDNS first and BSNL DNS.

I get around 160kbps DL and 20kbps UL on torrents(well, depending on tracker & number of peers).

Back