Wifi dongle buying advice!!

Hello guys,I' am back with a new problem for you 'geniuses' to solve.Well,as I have bought a brand new pc now,I shifted my old[though still working] pc to another part of my house.I currently use this wifi router:- http://www.amazon.in/D-Link-DIR-816-Wireless-AC750-Router/dp/B00PVDF83A . I have an internet connection of 10 Mbps,so I have no problem sharing the connection with my other PC,which my little brother intends to use[mostly for objectionable material that adolescent boys tend to do,I think IMO].So,I checked up on the internet how I can share the connection of my internet with another PC,it seems all roads led to a term known as 'wifi dongle'.I have known wifi dongles from companies such as reliance to provide internet connection,but it never occurred to me that it can be used to share a wireless connection of another router.

These are my queries:-

1)Can a wifi dongle be used as,let us say, to share a wifi connection with another pc[just like a mobile does].

2)Will the wifi dongle act as a wireless receiver for my other computer?

3)How reliable is this shit?

4)If you have the time,explain to me in a layman's language,how a wifi dongle truly works,and how it may function in different scenarios?

If the above queries are satisfied,then recommend me a nice wifi dongle in the 500-1.5 k range.[Check the warranty period,preferably 2-3 years].Have a nice day :)

in simple words,
your wi-fi router transmits the wi-fi signals & wi-fi usb dongle receives
them & makes the signals available for the connected device (eg. pc)

in general,
well known brands wi-fi dongles should be reliable - can be used around 20 feet radius

your router is strong enough to cover 20 feet radius unless it is kept in air-tight room !

wi-fi dongles like TP-Link TL-WN725N , TP-Link TL-WN727N ,TP-Link TL-WN823N ...
should work fine for your requirement (please read reviews before selecting a device)

see What Can a USB Wi-Fi Adapter or Dongle Do

in simple words,
your wi-fi router transmits the wi-fi signals & wi-fi usb dongle receives
them & makes the signals available for the connected device (eg. pc)

in general,
well known brands wi-fi dongles should be reliable - can be used around 20 feet radius

your router is strong enough to cover 20 feet radius unless it is kept in air-tight room !

wi-fi dongles like TP-Link TL-WN725N , TP-Link TL-WN727N ,TP-Link TL-WN823N ...
should work fine for your requirement (please read reviews before selecting a device)

see What Can a USB Wi-Fi Adapter or Dongle Do

thanks,I bought a nice TP link adapter :)

Back