will I be able to play battlefield 3 multiplayer with reliance jio Sim?

Dishant996

Disciple
I played cs 1.6 with it and it sucked real bad. Downloading is awesome when you're using within the daily limit, but cs1.6 still sucked, I got killed a lot cause of lag (I don't suck, okay).
I haven't tried any other games.
I'm looking forward to buy bf3 limited edition digital code online. I'll download the whole game through origin.
These are my questions-

1. Are bf3 servers still active?
2. Is jio Sim not gonna suck, speedwise, while playing online?its still real good download wise. I read somewhere it takes a bare 50mb/hr bandwidth for bf3 online.

If it does suck, even in 4g(of course), do let me know so my efforts don't go in vain.
Would be a big plus if someone's already playing bf3 like this and shares insight. Thanks.

BTW my system does meets the requirements.

A wired broadband is recommended for online gaming especially for games like Battlefield where latency is super important. CS 1.6 takes less resources than BF3 and if that sucked BF3 will probably be even worse. Coming to the game itself, it's very very old at this point. There are only about 1000 people playing it on PC, compared to 27,000 for BF4 with over 9000 playing right now. There are still some servers running in SEA and Europe but pings will not be good.

If you are serious about online gaming please consider getting a wired broadband connection. The data cap doesn't have to be big but the routing, ping and consistency of connection is far better than any 3g/4g connections.

depends on your location,

guwahati assam-120 ping,damn smooth
noida,up-150+ping ,stuttters But high download speeds
my experience on overwatch and cs go

and counter strike lags 5xmore then overwatch,evolve,battlefield

download evolve st 2,if u can play it u can play battlefield

CSGo has indian servers and pings i have seen on ACT and my current ISP is pretty good.
I have faced lesser lags in CS than any game. (playing overwatch, BF3, BF4, COD:AW, Blacklight:R, Planetside)

I have played CS:GO on jio and it was a better experience than my wired connection as long as i was on the indian servers. Servers from others countries had very high pings (150-200).

well, thanks for the replies. i tried running the cs1.6 using all network tweaks i found online and even on those servers in india and still no luck. it still sucks. why is it that downloading speeds are so awesome but ping thing isn't? am i missing something here?

well, thanks for the replies. i tried running the cs1.6 using all network tweaks i found online and even on those servers in india and still no luck. it still sucks. why is it that downloading speeds are so awesome but ping thing isn't? am i missing something here?
for me ping is 50-80 but drops to 10,000 every few mins

High download speeds don't ensure a better ping.
http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?56227-Download-Speed-vs-Ping-Time

On the other hand, 1.6 is a very old game with old netcode. Modern games have better lag compensation and netcode to handle inconsistent or bad networks. You can try a free game like Dota 2 or TF2 to check your connection quality to India/Singapore servers.

You need good wired Internet for online gaming. Even a stable 512k wired connection will beat a 4G mobile connection when it comes to online gaming.

UPDATE
I Take everything i said above back,
reliance jio is a load of crap now,i got 3 jio sims and overwatch dosent even load on them,too many disconnects and other issues
i highly suggest going for a broadband.

i just got spectranet 50mbps without fup for 1.8k
Ping rate is less then 10ms and in overwatch ping remains at 7
counter strike is flawless,same goes for bf4

@OP: I hope you won't mind if I hijack your thread and extend this discussion.

I have a wired broadband connection but the LAN wire goes into the WiFi router.
What will be the impact of playing multiplayer games over a computer connected to the WiFi versus a computer directly connected to the LAN wire? Will the WiFi connection fare much worse (lets consider strong signal strength for WiFi)?

Unless the router is elcheapo and keeps dropping signal you should be fine. Multiple walls in between can also cause issues.

Back