Winamp shutting down after over 15 years

Winamp.com and associated web services will no longer be available past December 20, 2013. Additionally, Winamp Media players will no longer be available for download. Please download the latest version before that date. See release notes for latest improvements to this last release.
Thanks for supporting the Winamp community for over 15 years.

http://www.winamp.com/media-player/en

This along with Audio Galaxy was one of the finest combination for me when the dial up connection showed up on scene.

Only yesterday I was thinking of downloading it. :( Winamp and its zillions of plugins and themes, it was teh best!

PS:- I am downloading it right now......

:( will miss this great player. I still use it on my windows setup and still remains the most preferred music player for me.
Atleast they should release the source code and make it a open source before shutting it down.....
Thanks winamp .....

Sad to see it go.
Loved the player. Still have the happiest memories of it.
It really whips the llama's ass!

memories...yeah the first time i heard the word ass way back in 2nd std ..and llama too(i never got wat he said..i used to understand it as rama :p :eek:)[DOUBLEPOST=1385028264][/DOUBLEPOST]and also the celebrity themes which digit chip used to provide ;)..

Stopped using it since 2001 although my wife is still using it. Had switched to WMP then to, RealPlayer _> Foobar -> MusicBee and MediaMonkey. Now am stuck to JRiver MediaJukebox . Check out computeraudiophiledotcom for its review. Awesome player with great sound

Was the first player I used....loved the unlimited themes and visualizations..... Sad to know it shutdowning down... :(
Will download it today itself to relive the memories..... :)

For many people it was the first audio player they ever used. For me too. It is still a nice media player but its sad that it shutting down.

Back