Windows 10 2004 update?

I am currently on 1909 Windows 10 Home single language and in the Update and Security page it says that, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." Does anybody know how to get the Windows 10 2004 update without reinstalling the OS?

well firstly i would like to ask even if you're no rocket scientist or tech nerd didn't you heard about all the catastrophic damage being done to windows pc's by this update and for your solution just download Media Creation Tool from here > run it > and rest it will guide you through, no need to reinstall windows or loss any settings/apps/work/files (not sure after update though :laughing::neutral:)

Do not get the update. Let it come to you when it absolutely has to. You are not missing anything! As a long time Windows fan, I have had it with Windows and Android. I am seriously considering switching. What an abject mess everything is. After switching to LTSC, things are a lot better though. Wondering what the next version of LT will bring my way!

Is there a link where they've listed all known 2004 bugs? I had kinda accepted the 2004 update, then hit pause and the pause will wear off tomorrow. Not sure how I can cancel the update

Is there a link where they've listed all known 2004 bugs? I had kinda accepted the 2004 update, then hit pause and the pause will wear off tomorrow. Not sure how I can cancel the update
As long as you don't have adaptive storages, you should mostly be okay. It is just frustrating with the number of tiny broken things they have left in.

Nvidia drivers don't play nice. Realtek drivers don't play nice. And, I don't remember if this is on one of my fast ring systems or 2004, you will no longer be able to defer updates.

Don't worry too much. Reinstalling drivers should take care of most issues.

Have a backup just in case. I usually keep an image of the entire drive where windows is installed. So that I can simply swap it out.

My last update was in Jan this year which affected the performance of my rig. I somehow uninstalled all updates and ever since haven't updated at all. I will directly update next year probably.
Seems MS patching is now completely handled by college pass outs and freshers who is led by some desktop support engineer. Hence very updated conks up something for worse!

We should, I reckon, simply switch to LTS releases and be done with it. I used love windows, but now, it has morphed into entirely something else with all the telemetry and all.

Back