Windows Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Activation required again

srikanthuk

Disciple
Hi,

I had my motherboard replaced by Gigabyte under warranty (another thing that the replacement they gave me is just as crappy, the board is not straight)

When i booted up my PC the windows activation failed. Probably because of the motherboard change

When i contacted the chat support they asked for my product id and hardware id but they said they need my Windows 7 key.

I had purchased windows 7 in 2014 and when i changed the cabinet i lost the sticker.

There is no piracy involved on the system. It was a proper upgrade. I had windows 7 pro installed. Upgraded. Then did a clean install of windows 10.

It worked fine from November 2015.

What should i do now? Dont want to spend another 9k on a new license.

Hmmm purchase would be my last option only because i bought Windows 7 once.

Also is that legal. I'm seeing it as 8k minimum everywhere.

Try running the "product key revealer" software which looks up and displays the product key stored in the OS (i forget the name of the software - search online) - then call back MS with the key you are able to locate.

Search for "how to display windows 10 product key".

Try running the "product key revealer" software which looks up and displays the product key stored in the OS (i forget the name of the software - search online) - then call back MS with the key you are able to locate.

Search for "how to display windows 10 product key".

But wont that be the Windows 10 key. Will try this when i am back home.[DOUBLEPOST=1470040146][/DOUBLEPOST]Is the keys received on play asia site legal? Will it get blocked later by any chance?

at that price i might as well get it than run behind support[DOUBLEPOST=1470057966][/DOUBLEPOST]anyone?

Last edited:
Advanced Token Manager reveals windows 10 keys. You can use that. If you upgraded from 7, it would be a generic key like everyone else who upgraded for free got. Just say your mobo got repaired & you only have one pc.
If you want to buy, those PlayAsia keys are generic OEM keys and can be used once. Mostly for using on laptop. They will work 100% in India since they are global keys.

Can you please mention how and when you got the copy of Windows 7. Because, if it is a retail copy, you can transfer the retail license, but if OEM, technically you cannot. If you wanna pursue it, call MS and speak to them.

I did tell them that and they asked for the windows 7 key.

I lost that licence key

Anyway I have a desktop. Can I just buy the key and later if there is a motherboard change call the support?

Its
Can you please mention how and when you got the copy of Windows 7. Because, if it is a retail copy, you can transfer the retail license, but if OEM, technically you cannot. If you wanna pursue it, call MS and speak to them.
It's an OEM key. My company was purchasing it when we were building a Plc for our client. This was May 2015

Since they had a good price I asked them to get an additional key for me too. It was an OEM key though. The desktop is the same as before only the motherboard was changed due to an RMA. At 2k I guess play Asia would be the easiest option though

Mr Vijay one networking help just see my thread in the networking forum. Please :-D

Well, since it is an RMA, you can get it reactivated, since the same model number etc would be present. Do try to see if you can get the key, else say it has been rubbed off - I have seen this happen on laptops. Else, get a new key, but I dont think you would be eligible for a free W10 upgrade.

I contacted them and explained to them that I lost the key. I explained it's the same model number motherboard and all.

They noted my installation id and my hardware Id and said they are not able to generate an activation id. So they asked me to get the key from somewhere .

Play Asia key was for windows 10 Pro.

I can get you a windows 7 professional retail key for 1.5k MSDN ones .
NOTE: Today tried to update windows 10 anniversary update with a new windows 7 key and it still worked .

Last edited:
I can get you a windows 7 professional retail key for 1.5k MSDN ones .
NOTE: Today tried to update windows 10 anniversary update with a new windows 7 key and it still worked .
That would be great can you get me the key. How do we go about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1470276426][/DOUBLEPOST]

Its showing only the windows 10 key :(. I think its because after upgrading i did a clean install of windows 10

i tried the same in my laptop and that shows Windows (BIOS OEM KEY) so i guess recovery of old windows 7 key is gone.

Last edited:
That would be great can you get me the key. How do we go about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1470276426][/DOUBLEPOST]

Its showing only the windows 10 key :(. I think its because after upgrading i did a clean install of windows 10

i tried the same in my laptop and that shows Windows (BIOS OEM KEY) so i guess recovery of old windows 7 key is gone.
Come on PM.

I have a spare Windows 8.1 Pro Retail Key for sale. If you are interested PM me asap.

Back