WIndows 10 reserve notification

Well...I installed that KB3035583 file still no upgrade notification on my Genuine Windows 7 Retail Copy...

1. Open Notepad, copy & paste the code below in spoiler.
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" :CompatCheckRunning schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning :RunGWX schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"
2. Save file as "ReserveWin10.cmd"
3. Run Command Prompt as Administrator; navigate and run the file above.

You would get it. (personal experience)

Script not working either,

thxHA48.png

Same is the problem in my case.
Can anyone help us out. I tried updating to all the release updates pushed by MS, Wiindows stating my PC upto date.
You can also upgrade to Full version of windows 10 if you have a authentic windows 7/8 using an iso once it is released. Upgrading via notification is just one of the ways. You need not worry if you dont get the upgrade notification

You can also upgrade to Full version of windows 10 if you have a authentic windows 7/8 using an iso once it is released. Upgrading via notification is just one of the ways. You need not worry if you dont get the upgrade notification
What you just said would be music to my ears if its actually true. By using an .iso file, I would be able to do a clean install rather than upgrade. But, insofar as I know, I have not come across any article which states that Free windows 10 could be installed using iso. All are mentioning about upgrade being pushed through Windows Update.
Do you have any source to back that up? Besides it would help save MS lot of trouble by releasing the iso file and users proceeding on their own.
Thanks.
Edit: Did some googling, found out that Windows 10 can be installed on the same machine without asking for a key if I have done an upgrade. No mention of provision of iso update probably to keep a tab on P!r@t(-d copies.

Last edited:
What you just said would be music to my ears if its actually true. By using an .iso file, I would be able to do a clean install rather than upgrade. But, insofar as I know, I have not come across any article which states that Free windows 10 could be installed using iso. All are mentioning about upgrade being pushed through Windows Update.
Do you have any source to back that up? Besides it would help save MS lot of trouble by releasing the iso file and users proceeding on their own.
Thanks.
Edit: Did some googling, found out that Windows 10 can be installed on the same machine without asking for a key if I have done an upgrade. No mention of provision of iso update probably to keep a tab on P!r@t(-d copies.
I dont remember the source, but I came across it somewhere when I was looking a while back to see if I can clean install Preview and move over to the final version. I have this MS FAQ link where it says that you can still upgrade to win 10 without reserving
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Edit: It is confirmed that you will have the option to "clean install" windows when you upgrade from the updater. Also here is another link to Gabriel Aul's twitter where he says once you upgrade to 10, you can clean install any no.of times with an iso
https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/605987336392810496

Last edited:
hmmm...

Thanks fo posting MS FAQ link here....

Point 4 looks like Joke to me - Got the notification on Non - Genuine version but not genuine one.

Also there "PCs that we determine cannot run Windows 10 will not see the Get Windows 10 app before July 29, 2015. After July 29, 2015, we’ll enable the icon in the system tray."

:( :mad: :confused:

h9TjM3b.png

For those unable to get the Windows 10 icon despite having latest updates can try re-installing windows and installing updates. I know its a pain staking process but I finally manage to get my copy reserved with the latter when the former didn't work for me.

After Installing KB2952664 I got Windows 10 reserve notification on Windows 7 Retail copy

Below the Prof

ZiHLNGb.png

leUS4Fi.png

There is 2 KB file needed to get notification on Win 7

KB3035583
KB2952664

So I downloaded this 2.8 GB ISO file using the Media Creation Tool x64. Would it be good enough to install the 64 bit version? I've already reserved a copy for myself.

^ Yes. Burn the ISO to a dvd and run the installation from within Windows 8/8.1. I upgraded yesterday using this method.
What key did you use?
If you try to directly use the bootable iso on a machine running 8.1(Never upgraded to Windows 10 but reserved copy of Win 10) then my 8.1 key is not working.

^I skipped the key during setup but upon installation it was activated. Maybe due to server load yours wasn't. It should after some time, hopefully.

I had a genuine Windows 7 copy on my Dell laptop which got busted. I do have the product key. I will be buying a new desktop now. What would be the easiest way to get Windows 10?

I had a genuine Windows 7 copy on my Dell laptop which got busted. I do have the product key. I will be buying a new desktop now. What would be the easiest way to get Windows 10?

Isn't your Dell Laptop OS contain OEM Licence from the Dell - If yes (assuming OS pre loaded by manufacture) then you can't use that Key in your new Desktop....But earlier if you bought a retail copy of Win 7 then you must install Windows 7 in your new desktop activate it first, then Download Windows 10 via Windows media creation tool and it will be auto activated and you are eligible for genuine Win 10 OS.

Isn't your Dell Laptop OS contain OEM Licence from the Dell - If yes (assuming OS pre loaded by manufacture) then you can't use that Key in your new Desktop....But earlier if you bought a retail copy of Win 7 then you must install Windows 7 in your new desktop activate it first, then Download Windows 10 via Windows media creation tool and it will be auto activated and you are eligible for genuine Win 10 OS.
Yeah it was pre-loaded on my Dell laptop. I guess that's the OEM license. The sticker at the back says "Windows 7 Home Prem OA India". I never bought anything separately. I always assumed it was a part of the laptop price I paid. So does that mean I was a genuine windows owner only as long as I was using that Dell laptop? That sucks. :mad:

Back