Windows Windows 10 RS2 – Creator’s update is coming our way !

Also, have you tried plugging it into a proper USB port (3.0 versus 2.0) - in addition if the phone shows (settings) the USB connection mode should not be purely as a file sharing thing. Then after connecting, wait for a few moments to see if Win10 auto downloads or auto configures the device?

Didn't the phone come with any software? Maybe the phone software has ndis drivers compatible with 10.
I use a oneplus one and I tried the NDIS drivers mentioned on xda but did not help. The thread mentioned about some NDIS6 which was not selected by default.
Also, have you tried plugging it into a proper USB port (3.0 versus 2.0) - in addition if the phone shows (settings) the USB connection mode should not be purely as a file sharing thing. Then after connecting, wait for a few moments to see if Win10 auto downloads or auto configures the device?
Yes sir tried that. The system just stays stuck with the taskbar and all not responding. Previously did not face this issue on 7,8,8.1 or other OSes that I use.

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried checking USB settings in the BIOS, for example I recall something like "xHCI handoff" and what not. Maybe install motherboard-specific chipset drivers for Win10 also?[DOUBLEPOST=1497688444][/DOUBLEPOST]And in the WIn10 settings app, under Devices, there are a couple of settings for AutoPlay (for drives and devices) and USB (notify me if any problems) try toggling those?

I use a oneplus one and I tried the NDIS drivers mentioned on xda but did not help. The thread mentioned about some NDIS6 which was not selected by default.

Yes sir tried that. The system just stays stuck with the taskbar and all not responding. Previously did not face this issue on 7,8,8.1 or other OSes that I use.

While updating the driver manually, uncheck "show compatible hardware", then under Microsoft, Select the "USB RNDIS6 Adapter". Faced the same issue a while back and this fixed it.

Looking forward to the next "Fall Creators Update" for desktops and whatever new build they release for mobiles!

I recently wiped my laptop and installed the current CU and found the whole new setup OOB experience pretty cool with Cortana speaking to you and accepting basic voice inputs like "yes" or "no" for various options during the installation. First time I actually saw this because my laptop's speakers and microphones were working from the start.

Updated to RS3 - Fall Creators.

The only new things noticed by me is the Cortana tab in Settings, and GPU stuff in task manager.

GPU2.png GPU1.png

Anyone facing issues with Chrome after the update? Images taking a bit more than what I am used to, and GPU goes upto 10% and then comes down.

Anyone facing issues with Chrome after the update? Images taking a bit more than what I am used to, and GPU goes upto 10% and then comes down.

Faced issues with Chrome and YouTube loading post the update. Just went and manually updated Chrome, didn't face an issue after that

Update : the issues continue on image heavy pages. gpu0 goes till 35-40%, gpu1 stays at 0% (not using nvidia optimus). Manually updated chrome as well. Will check with FF as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1508563759][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT - Issues continue in FF as well, and in FF Nightly, even the CPU spikes to 100%.

Update : the issues continue on image heavy pages. gpu0 goes till 35-40%, gpu1 stays at 0% (not using nvidia optimus). Manually updated chrome as well. Will check with FF as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1508563759][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT - Issues continue in FF as well, and in FF Nightly, even the CPU spikes to 100%.
what sites are you checking with? also what are you using to monitor? the task manager performance tab?

I tried on Youtube and Airliners.net -- didn't notice any negative impact on CPU/GPU or browser load.

How to get Rs3 for Enterprise edition? Or do we need to install freshly from the ISO?

The same ISO is for all, you need to update from that. If it does not work, look at the VLSC and get the needed iso.[DOUBLEPOST=1508601040][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh well, one more issue found, when trying to see saved passwords. Irrespective of PIN/password or fingerprint.

upload_2017-10-21_21-20-12.png

Last edited:
If it's getting pushed via windows update we need to wait a long while as enterprise gets updates in the end. And even if does get we need to be patient for 2-3hrs as the direct OTA update needs seamless connectivity and might require multiple reboots.
Also, if setting up from iso failed on exisiting enterprise os then the only viable option left is to freshly install new os which again is a pain.
Still rather than such major upgrade i prefer fresh install. Still first i will take a taste via direct upgrade if its available.

Back