Windows Windows 10 should DIE !!! Microsoft experts ruined it. ?

Windows 10 WORST/BEST OS for YEAR 2018 by MICROSOFT ? WHY ?

• Yes, Its BEST.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • LOL. Its Worst, since last many years..

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I am fine with this version works well... (KINDLY elaborate where in reply) :)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I always loved Microsoft, no matter.. its best or worst.. (i Love it)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • What is Microsoft Windows 10 ? Never heard !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft was good/best, not anymore.. I have options but cannot switch..

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • What is OS.. New to industry (kindly reply too) ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Futureized

Skilled
Windows which made a REVOLUTION.. BUT NOW,
There are 10s and 1000s of official reviews about latest OPERATING SYSTEM RELEASE. Windows 10 , but Microsoft will never release a working patch which makes end users happy.. to make this versatile SOFTWARE worth compatabile for ENTERPRISE/HOME users.

Windows 10 which forcefully makes Windows 7 happy customers upgrade as last option are PATHETICALLY unhappy..

Just Making a smaLL POLL.,. :
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10

If you are happy with Windows 10 or no (after last latest updates) or before..

Only 2 voting choices allowed.. max
You cannot change your votes.
Yours votes are not visible to public
You have to vote to view results.

POLL CLOSES IN FEW DAYS !
Get yours guts out..

I dont like windows as a development environment, I am more at home with the terminals and pkg managers on linux or mac. But windows has no alternatives in terms of gaming for which I always keep it in dual boot.

For better or worse I'm stuck on windows, I'm a laptop user (no desktops) and the drivers for my laptop are not available on linux and moreover there's no alternative softwares for the work I do (indesign, photoshop, etc.). Also there are no decent softwares for linux for bulk file renaming, mp3 tagging, customized regional keyboard layout (designed by myself in MSKLC) so evven though I hate (rather to say 'don't like' because hate is very strong word) I'm stuck on windows

Same here - Some applications i use work only with Windows. Otherswise Mac / Ubuntu / Cent OS is what i prefer.

windows 10 really does suck balls. no two ways around it. Take for example, dialing an internet connection. You first need t o click the icon in the taskbar then it opens a popup, now you click "connect", dang thing takes you to another window that pops up in the "settings" page. dumbest design ever. heck if i click the network icon in osx, it just connects with no fuss whatsoever. unfortunately I'm stuck with windows for work or else I'd chuck it.

Also there are no decent softwares for linux for bulk file renaming, mp3 tagging, customized regional keyboard

which linux distro did you install? imo, file renaming is there in almost every file browser by default if you select a bunch of files and right click on them to rename.

example in Thunar file browser:
test.png

mp3 tags etc can be edited in Clementine or other music players that have the option.

What do you mean by customised regional keyboard? I have installed fcitx and can type in other languages using that. its almost the same as Microsoft IME or whatever it is.

W10 is rumoured to be the last OS from MS. It's all going to be updates from hereon, at least for the foreseeable future. It has been 3 years since it was released and there's not a peep about any new OS.

It's (most probably) not the OS you want, but it's the OS MS wanted.

Kiddish thread and polling.
Nobody has right to say something needs to die, scrapped, born or reborn. If you dont like it shift to ample of alternatives around..unix, linux, mac etc. instead of cursing. There will always be good and bad things it's your choice to go with or stick to it. If somethings bad for you doesn't mean its bad for others.

Windows ain't dying unless Ms is acquired by some major giant who is into cli and turns windows completely into cli.

As for win10 i didn't hate it as I only found it miles way better than 8 and vista. Not to forget 10 is a very improvised ver of 8 with better addons, improvements, services etc.

Only thing which frustrated more was its creator update which ruined my asus mobo tool etc. But now its all taken care.

Ms though cleared that 10 will be its last Os I really doubt for as upgrades keep screwing primary os at times and a reinstallation always isnt the best option. And surely Ms will come up with some new Os. Lets see!

Also there are no decent softwares for linux for bulk file renaming
:eek: ever heard of bash? grep? regex? awk? sed? if you learn them you will have superpowers.

For Creative Needs @ Linux - Just Go through this video.
talked myself into using open office/libre office/thunderbird. after getting used to msoffice its like cutting yourself with a dull knife. try editing a 100 page document in open office/libre office, we will talk then.
same with Gimp2 vs photoshop. and I can give more and more examples.

Windows ain't dying unless Ms is acquired by some major giant who is into cli and turns windows completely into cli.
Try ubuntu app (Linux subsystem) from microsoft store. its awesome. you wont need anything else. not even powershell. I launch ubuntu in cmder. best thing that happened to windows.

Fine here on windows 10. Updates force me to reboot. This is the thing, updates and security handled so much better than android. I don't have to upgrade my laptop to get updates. Wow! what a revolutionary concept

No idea what this thread is about since the OP didn't bother to list out what exactly is the problem

Any alternative to gaming for 150+ pcs.. while dropping off Microsoft ?
NO[DOUBLEPOST=1529407982][/DOUBLEPOST]
:eek: ever heard of bash? grep? regex? awk? sed? if you learn them you will have superpowers
Yes, I know about bash, grep and regex, but it has deep learning curve, moreover still on professional front I need indesign and photoshop and occasionally office, so I stick with windows

which linux distro did you install? imo, file renaming is there in almost every file browser by default if you select a bunch of files and right click on them to rename.

What do you mean by customised regional keyboard? I have installed fcitx and can type in other languages using that. its almost the same as Microsoft IME or whatever it is.
I've installed Debian, ubuntu, kubuntu, mint, fedora (over the years) and some others which I don't remember now but I didn't find the same ease in Linux which I find in windows (even though 10 is little annoying), customized regional keyboard layout (MSKLC) is that you can re-arrange or reorganize the regional alphabets on the desired keys of the keyboard, standard hindi unicode may have some characters on some keys but when you create customized hindi keyboard layout, you can put the same characters on your desired keys. I don't know whether Linux has anything same in this category.

W10 is rumoured to be the last OS from MS. It's all going to be updates from hereon, at least for the foreseeable future. It has been 3 years since it was released and there's not a peep about any new OS.

It's (most probably) not the OS you want, but it's the OS MS wanted.

Exactly. Windows 10 is not an OS but its a service according to Microsoft. So you buy a license to run their service on your pc and everything is owned by them. The only bad thing they do is push ads and install unwanted programs like their 3d app, candy crush, xbox app etc during install on users machines irrespective of choice. So there won't be any new windows os in coming years since they have gone the rolling update method now.

I've installed Debian, ubuntu, kubuntu, mint, fedora (over the years) and some others which I don't remember now but I didn't find the same ease in Linux which I find in windows (even though 10 is little annoying), customized regional keyboard layout (MSKLC) is that you can re-arrange or reorganize the regional alphabets on the desired keys of the keyboard, standard hindi unicode may have some characters on some keys but when you create customized hindi keyboard layout, you can put the same characters on your desired keys. I don't know whether Linux has anything same in this category.

I'm guessing you mean mapping specific keys to the 105 keyboard layout. I think I saw it somewhere in settings.

Windows 10 update screwed my printer. Now it no longer works because windows 10 says usb 2 does not work in usb 3 which is completely bullshit it was working all this while. Now i am waiting when this noobs will release an update that will fix this problem. Every time there is an update something or other gets screwed up.

I love windows 10 though. Its always fun when you leave your workstatin for a loo break and realise that it rebooted for updates even thought you've set the alternate hours for installing updates. its so lol. happens every week after a defender upadte

I was happily using my ultralight zebronics keyboard for 2yrs until windows 10 randomly kept giving driver issues on it. Keyboard would randomly get disabled with error 'unsupported usb device or device cannot be recognized or etc' Then had to change usb slot then again same error in some days & again change slot. I suspected mobo issue but it was ruled out.

Finally reverted back to old heavyweight G5 and since then no such issues.
Creators update was a crap shit for drivers as it was hurriedly pushed update for meltdown spectre issues etc.
I still wish a new Os release as my C drive is eaten by system files and all measuring well above 50gbs. (Updates cache + old files & temp cleared )

A new Os will cost just 15-20gb. Updates will keep eating so much space that after some years we might have to dedicate a full 500gb hdd/ssd solely just for Os which at least I cannot logically afford as it will be nonsense.

Back