Windows 7 BSOD - 0x0000007F

I was installing a game yesterday and suddenly all the GUI stopped responding to any mouse clicks . The mouse was working . After a few seconds it BSODed . It does not boot up now . Every time i start the laptop it says the 0x0000007F error . The Repair thing also gave up and said it cannot rectify the error. I have Tiny Core Linux in pen-drive , if any file deleting can fix it . I can access the Reg Edit also from the launch repair thing . Is there any soultion without having to install fresh ? . Does upgrade option during a fresh install keep the software's intact ?

If you upgrade all programs are removed. The existing windows directory is renamed as windows.old. so you won't get anything.

Try booting in safe mode and choose last known good config. Else boot from windows disk and try repairing it to the last saved system restore point.

are you running a live linux distro ? if yes then check the HDD for bad sectors. Use HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool for this.

Sorry for the late reply . I have re-installed windows . It seems that there is some kind of driver issue for this particular error , some thing is not allowing the processor to interrupt . Anyway Problem solved , thanks for the help.

Back