Windows 7 RC Observations & Screenshots

That's not going to help MohitPreet, I have installed it on different HDD and my Windows folder currently weighs about 13.8GB.... so I don't think 10GB is going to suffice, plus clearly if you XP installed on your C drive you would have even lesser space free.

If you want to dual-boot, you should consider installing it on different partition with at least 20GB space (more the merrier). :)

Ok guys , this is weird .. a friend of mine has XFX 8500 GT , for some reason drivers from nVidia's site won't install on Win 7 x86 .
Error he gets during install
Code:
system not modified
Any solutions :S .. can't find one .. tried installing without psyx etc nothing working .

They are working fine for me on x64 .

iGo said:
That's not going to help MohitPreet, I have installed it on different HDD and my Windows folder currently weighs about 13.8GB.... so I don't think 10GB is going to suffice, plus clearly if you XP installed on your C drive you would have even lesser space free.

If you want to dual-boot, you should consider installing it on different partition with at least 20GB space (more the merrier). :)

ok i dont want dual os
just want win7
shud i format my 160 gb hdd into 20 n rest so that i can make a clean install of win 7 on 20gb partition!

udayrulz said:
Ok guys , this is weird .. a friend of mine has XFX 8500 GT , for some reason drivers from nVidia's site won't install on Win 7 x86 .

Error he gets during install
Code:
system not modified
Any solutions :S .. can't find one .. tried installing without psyx etc nothing working .

They are working fine for me on x64 .

uday are you sure your friend is installing the latest drivers i.e WDDM 1.1 v185.85 WHQL?

GeForce/ION Driver Release 185

If this one doesn't work, try the older ones.. vista drivers will also work, I've tried 2 of em.

@DS: Make a 15gb "dynamically expanding" virtual drive (not the "fixed size" option)... so it will be 15gb but only grow as much as required :)

i installed windows 7 32-bit on a 10.1 gb partition :D

everything works perfect without a hitch. :D

i have installed kaspersky, firefox, foxit, winrar, yahoo, gtalk and live messengers. and still it says 2.36 gb free remaining in the partition. :p

now i just need to install codecs and maybe office 2007 as well.

^ You are using pre-rc version mate... The RC is scheduled to expire on 1st June 2010. Your beta will expire soon, so I suggest you better upgrade to RC version.

Back