Windows 7 running in Fast Forward Mode

kuld33p

Disciple
I am not sure what the problem is but my PC is acting weird for the last 2 days. I have not been able to use it even. I can't do nothing on it.

single keystroke on keyboard prints around 50 characters. Time seems to be running 100 times faster on PC.. when PC boots up it looks like the movie is running in fast forward.

Windows throws some errors, graphics drivers are not loaded when I am on desktop. don't know what the hell is wrong. tried searching on internet for the same but does not seem to getting anywhere near to a similar issue.

Any suggestions guys what could be the problem.

I have faced this problem earlier as well. and I had to format my PC. Now again. I can't even seem to recover windows. because it seems to be doing the same while booting with installation CD as well.

I have tried changing CMOS batteries as well.

Don't think its keyboards fault as even the time on the OS seems to be running fast. Doest even look like hardware problem !

Best bet is install a CLEAN copy of Windows on new Harddrive or if using the similar clean format.

I remember my friend had the same problem and it was traced to the pirated Microsoft Office CD he was using off the net to install.

Also use a decent Antivirus on the PC to see how stable it runs.

First of all, boot from a Linux CD or Pen Drive to rule out a Hardware problem. If Linux seems normal, you might have to do a fresh install of Windows on a formatted partition.

You can try these:
1. Boot from a Live CD (Ubuntu etc.) and see if its working properly. If yes, then surely there's something wrong with your Windows.
2. Try scanning your whole HDD. It can be due to virus/malwares.
3. Uninstall your graphic driver completely and then download the latest driver and instal it.
4. Last but not the least, are you using genuine Windows? I mean legit one? You downloaded it off the net? If so, then clearly there is fault in the file itself.

try this...
1.boot from an live linux distro..if it runs currectly then we have the option to rule out hardware issue..
now thats out of the way..on to step two....
2.take your hdd....put it on another system throughly scan it...with multiple security suite....
3.pull out the nesecery data....do a low level format of it and then install a fresh copy of windows....
and chnge your keyboard..looks like an shorting issue to me......
post back what happens...........

Your windows 7 files have corrupt. All you need to do is restore corrupted files.

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator (in run box type cmd, right click cmd.exe and run as administrator)

2. Type following commend in Command Prompt sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

For more details refer here:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

In worst condition, I will say you have a faulty motherboard.

try to update BIOS and use it with default settings.

Wow..!! Now in how much seconds it's counting one min..??

Congrats...you'll be famous within some-days...as you've changed the whole theory of hour-min-sec..!! :)

Sorry for crapping your thread..!! :D

ravi_9793 said:
Your windows 7 files have corrupt. All you need to do is restore corrupted files.

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator (in run box type cmd, right click cmd.exe and run as administrator)

2. Type following commend in Command Prompt sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

For more details refer here:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

In worst condition, I will say you have a faulty motherboard.

try to update BIOS and use it with default settings.
Thanks buddy, next time I am gonna try this. This sounds like a sane option to try.. others I already tried..

Anyways, writing this from a fresh installation of Windows 7. Thanks a lot guys. It get my adrenaline rushing if I am not able to solve an PC related issue that I come across.

Back