Windows 7 running in Fast Forward Mode

Hi,

I would suggest

1. disconnect any routers or internet connection from the pc.

2. Scan the pc with an updated portable antivirus or antispyware, preferable ESET and super antispyware

3. Get a bootable linux disc like ubuntu and boot with it, if that works fine, then u gotta do a full format of ur pc.

4. Make sure that u are not connected to the internet while u are installing windows again and that you are NOT UPDATING IT COZ MICROSOFT HAS A NEW TOOL TO CATCH PIRATED COPIES WHICH WILL GET DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED ALONG WITH OTHER WINDOWS UPDATE.

5. If however, u want to update, DISCARD KB949180 OGA, Office Genuine Advantage

AND

Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)

This update to Windows Activation Technologies detects activation exploits and tampering to key Windows system files. These exploits try to bypass regular Windows activation and are sometimes included within counterfeit copies of Windows.

More information:

Genuine Microsoft Software

Avoid these 2 updates and u should be fine.

Hope i helped u

Your PC is trippin ...
Anyways never been the one to troubleshoot software problems extensively. If a simple google search doesn't help, a format does.

First try the sfc/scannow, if it doesn't work, try reinstall, if it still doesn't work then i'm afraid its prolly the hw gone wrong.

i read most of the ASUS owners had the same experience.

I already flashed my BIOS, would check if there is any update available.

See this will happen if Windows detects your FSB as different from the actual FSB. It used happen very commonly Hack OSX Machines when they dynamically switched CPU Speeds, and the kernel not knowing about it.

Try the following

1) OC your FSB a little bit

2) Try Windows XP

3) Replace your Mobo

Back