Windows Phone 8 Might Get New Arc Soft Keyboard To Make One-Handed Typing Easier

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Windows Phone 8 Might Get New Arc Soft Keyboard To Make One-Handed Typing Easier

Microsoft seems to be working on a solution to one handed thumb typing on phones in the form of new Arc Soft keyboard for Windows Phone 8 smartphones .

curvedykeyboard.jpg

A leaked picture acquired by wmpoweruser , shows such keyboard which has several keys clustered together to form an arc near the thumb which will probably use some sort of prediction .

The picture is of HTC trophy which runs WP 7.5 currently , so its possible that the keyboard might arrive to phones with WP 7.8 .

The keyboard seems to taking up lots of space but it should help in improving the ability to type one-handedly .

Source

I don't think this will comfortable for people like me with big hands. Regular keyboard ftw!

Atleast u will have a choice. :)
Exactly! For people like me with small hands, big screens are a pain, since the left side of the screen (if holding in the right hand) is either completely inaccessible (middle to top), or inaccurate (the thumb's plain / plateau whatever ends up touching something on the right corner)

It's a tech enthusiast's dream that MS brings a highly competitive alternative to iOS and Android.
IMO having used 4 major players including webOS, the intuitive UI of WP is like no other. Having used HTC trophy with WP 7.5 for 6 months, I can proudly say that the phone never crashed (not one single instance) or even a prolonged non-responsiveness for that matter.

The one and only thing I missed in WP7 when compared to Android was a music player like Player Pro or poweramp with custom equalizer.

Back