Budget 90k+ Windows v Mac

CleoRBark

Recruit
I am an architecture student. I just wanted to know which laptop would be better for me- windows or Mac?
Requirements-
1. Should be an i7 processor
2. Revit/autoCAD/grasshopper/SketchUp/Photoshop etc. should run
3. Clocking speed should be 3.5ghz

I did a quick google search and found that Revit is not supported on Mac OS. Grasshopper is availble as an older version on Mac OS. If you choose a Mac, you will need to use either boot camp or virtual environment to get windows working on Mac OS and then install them. If you are ok with this, buy a Mac. Else go for windows. In my opinion, it is not worth the hassle and you should go for a windows laptop. Paying for the hardware of a Macbook and then using windows on it does not make sense.

As you have already figured it out. Many autodesk product are available only in windows, revit also is windows only.

Windows in boot camp has troublesome since beginning and never “smooth”.

Even for general usage, It’s hard to recommend MacBooks after 2017, both in terms of hardware specs and build quality. You might be already aware of the pathetic after sale support you get in India.

Previous generations of MacBooks were amazing, but never perfected for 3d graphics related software. So for your case mac is out of equation.

Not sure why you specially looking for i7, if I was in your shoes I would be looking for ryzen based mobile workstation with good heat recycling capacity.
You shouldn’t worried about running photoshop, but revit and autocad- these need serious cpu and GPU power.

Back