Windows Xp in browser with Tally

rishimittal

Disciple
1. I am looking for server which can host my windows with applications like tally erp.
Server should be secure and very fast and always on with windows.
It should be able to open in browser from any computer.

Please tell what are the things I need to do.

2. is it possible to access data from server without downloading it to harddisk.
I think SMB server can do but not sure.

1. That would depend on what number of users are connecting to your server. Less than 10 - you can get away with a Xeon E3. If more, you need Xeon E5, sometimes with dual CPU.

2. There is no such thing as completely secure - at least not from Windows. However, you can harden your server and firewall to ensure that all unwanted connections are not accepted. It goes without saying you need strong passwords.

3. If you want to open the data in a browser, you need to enable the Remote Web feature, part of Remote Desktop Host Services

4. If you want to access data from server without loading to HDD - its called remote desktop - you work on the server. You can use thin clients to do this.

I dont want to setup server at my office. I am planning to buy it from outside. I checked few options like cloudsigma.com

Can i install software on thin clients and connect it with outside servers.

Yes, you can. Though remember that you would need to take offsite backups since you do not have any control over the server.

Thin Clients usually cannot install any software. You would be taking a dumb device and just connecting to the server.

Back