Laptops Wireless-ly connect my Laptop to TV....preferably automatically? Laptop has no display.

raksrules

Elite
Here is my requirement....

I have a Lenovo Laptop whose screen has gone kaput. I have tried all available options but there is not replacement in market (contacted multiple repair people and even Lenovo service center). I can connect the laptop to TV via a HDMI cable and can use display as TV. But this is not practical as I need to sit besides TV. I want a wireless connection between TV and Laptop with laptop screen to be mirrored on TV. Since there is no way to see what is on screen when computer boots (without HDMI connection), I need to see if there is an automatic way to see the out of laptop to screen.
May be I am asking too much but I want the laptop to automatically show screen on TV when laptop is booted (or at least when it enters windows lockscreen), without intervention from me.

Maybe some sort of remote desktop. But you need a second computer that can wirelessly connect to the tv. Then RDP to the Lenovo from it.

No boot up messages with RDP. But then you did not mention the OS

Steam Link will work, but may not be completely automatic. Will also need some device connected to TV on which steam link can be installed . People have had success with fire stick and mi box . Ethernet connection will be extremely desireable to the TV from router, although many have a working setup with just 5G wifi. mi box and firetv both don't have ethernet built in, but have ethernet adapters. There may be better devices as well.
oh and fire stick does not have steam link in store, but it can be sideloaded. mi box does have it in store.
Manual connection should be very easy. Keep steam link open , enable autostart. Enable autologin in windows. Open steam link app in TV device, connect with TV device's remote

Other options: Wireless keyboard mouse combo. With some sort of desk to put them on ?
Longer HDMI cable.

Back