Wish to buy a hair clipper new

I have a Wahl clipper which only works wired. Not sure of the model number. Never knew it was for human hair!! Used it for years to trim the Labs during the tick attacks!!!!

Chinese keimi clippers are good, lots of barbers abroad use them. But in india its filled with fake ones or consumer level ones.
Some have insane runtime of 3hr plus. We wont be getting any chinese parcels for the next few months.
Post automatically merged:

Want some fashion tips people. Is it fashionable to have a beard if you shave your head? Anyone here going with the bald look? How are you fending off your partner/ wife? ( I am not fashionable at all, more like a smelly caveman, but the hair has become way too long, longer than most woman. My wife tried to cut it just below shoulder and it has become a mess, can not even tie them properly, looks like a ****ed up rat`s tail near the tip)
As long as you have a trimmed beard and a mustach, I see no reason why it wont get along well a bald look. But they say for N95 maske its better to shave.

I self cut with no help, I used a tape at the neck as a guide to swuare cut or shave straight. My hair style is short.

Since you will be busy with work in PPE, get a short hair cut. No one cares at these trying times.

Last edited:
No more work for me in PPEs for at least next 3 months. It will be only work from home (mostly planning) , however have to take classes online for medical students here in Czech Republic/ France etc. almost everyday from May. Their summer vacation got cancelled and finally my wife convinced me to take teaching jobs in medical schools. No more adventures for rest of 2020 (such a shitty year!!)

I was actually able to get a perfect trim on my beard, just using a pair of scissors. Even at barbers, I prefer getting my beard trimmed using scissors as I like that finish much better. Of course I had to trim the beard all the way to zero to get symmetry when using scissors, unlike at a barber shop.
So considering clippers for the sake of cutting my hair.
I was also considering Keimi, but the ones available are the cheapest models it seems.

@adder - Yes the adapter is transformer based. I also read up after making that post and you are correct, 2.4V on no load seems correct.

If I end up going for a cordless trimmer, I think the MI one might be worth the money as a) The battery should be Li-ion and good one at that and b) No propreitory charging tech.

Last edited:
I was actually able to get a perfect trim on my beard, just using a pair of scissors. Even at barbers, I prefer getting my beard trimmed using scissors as I like that finish much better. Of course I had to trim the beard all the way to zero to get symmetry when using scissors, unlike at a barber shop.
So considering clippers for the sake of cutting my hair.
I was also considering Keimi, but the ones available are the cheapest models it seems.

@adder - Yes the adapter is transformer based. I also read up after making that post and you are correct, 2.4V on no load seems correct.

If I end up going for a cordless trimmer, I think the MI one might be worth the money as a) The battery should be Li-ion and good one at that and b) No propreitory charging tech.
Yes i always prefer and use only scissors for trimming beard or for hair cut. Its PIA to clean the hair with a trimmer.

If you read reviews on amazon on the MI trimmer, folks who have use a philips trimmer say the MI is even worse needing multiple runs. I prefer oil lubricating clippers.
As much as I hate the china( not there people) I will probably order the Keimi once the lockdown of flights is lifted.

Man, all these ecommerce platforms are cashing in hard. Such inflated prices for these trimmers/clippers. I am gonna wait for a few more days or just order an el-cheapo chinese one. Any recommendations from the lower end of the category.

Right
So my Philips 7715/15 was deliver ahead of schedule and i received it on Tuesday.
Used it yesterday to clip my 8 year old sons hair and it worked pretty well.

fast Charging, sturdy body, nice design and easy functioning.
Highly recommended.
Just one con, if one can call, it should have more combs upuntil luke 22mm.
The biggest one is 16 which should be fine for most cases considering the trends now, but for an old fashioned guy a bit of length might be required. Just my view.

All in all awesome product. Just need to learn to style the hair now

Keep posting your views, reviews about clippers plus your tips for a good hair cut

The biggest one is 16 which should be fine for most cases considering the trends now, but for an old fashioned guy a bit of length might be required. Just my view.
A bigger comb would be helpful for sure. I use the clipper for the sides and back only. For the top, I just trim about a half inch with scissors

A bigger comb would be helpful for sure. I use the clipper for the sides and back only. For the top, I just trim about a half inch with scissors
Indeed top can't be done with this, it has to be scrssors, that's what I did with my son as well.
Is there anyway we could get extra combs for this, a but higher size????

I planned to come out of the lockdown looking like robinson crusoe, but shaved my beard today to avoid infection/better fit n95 since i have to go to hospital everyday these days.

Last edited:
Man, all these ecommerce platforms are cashing in hard. Such inflated prices for these trimmers/clippers. I am gonna wait for a few more days or just order an el-cheapo chinese one. Any recommendations from the lower end of the category.

I had bought something like this maybe a couple of years ago. But the one i bought had the brand name isabella. I think its all the same thing with different stickers on 'em.
But the clipper was good. I have only used it sparingly but the overall noise level and vibrations are pretty much within the standard accepted levels (suprisingly) and it mows smoothly too.
Anyway these guys all seems to be out of stock.. maybe you can find something on a different platform.

In my research I also found that wahl corded ones are very very good especially and cheaper model 9243 i guess.. But its a clipper only, though I needed just a clipper but as this was not deliverable or available I zeroed in on the Philips one.
Lets see how this pans out, still in shipping will be delivered on 30th

Yeah.. WAHLs are the ones generally being used in Salons.. they are good.

Also, does anyone have any idea where I can buy Clipper oil at an affordable price?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how is this trimmer from Nova?

Nova Nhc-3018 Trimmer For Men

It seems to be not available anywhere but usual price seems less than 400 but my local medical shop is selling for ₹720.

Right
So my Philips 7715/15 was deliver ahead of schedule and i received it on Tuesday.
Used it yesterday to clip my 8 year old sons hair and it worked pretty well.

fast Charging, sturdy body, nice design and easy functioning.
Highly recommended.

All in all awesome product. Just need to learn to style the hair now

Keep posting your views, reviews about clippers plus your tips for a good hair cut

So how's your experience been vis-a-vis kid's hair clipping ? Does it mean possible good bye going to salon for hair cut ?

So how's your experience been vis-a-vis kid's hair clipping ? Does it mean possible good bye going to salon for hair cut ?
Well i was able to clip the sides and back pretty good in first go.
Some practice and tuition is needed to clip and may be style the top.
But i am sure I ll be able to do that.

I would suggest you to watch youtube videos

This is a very good starting point from wher I learned the sides and back

I started with 16mm then used the just lower one and then the another lower. For sides and back

This video down below shows how to cut hair classically using scissors, but as the top will always need scissors so you can watch this for top cutting, pretty simple

Last edited:
Thanks.

I guess your's was the only one in stock. No more available at Amazon/Flipkart. I'm thinking of buying the MG7745 model.

Either let them grow or shave off ( clipper without the scissors)
Pro tip: Girls like men with either long hair on nothing at all.
The Virat Kohli kind of haircut is the worst, trust me, your girl won't say it, but they like their men to be on the extremes..I hitched someone way above my league...looking like a pale caveman.

Thanks.

I guess your's was the only one in stock. No more available at Amazon/Flipkart. I'm thinking of buying the MG7745 model.
I bought 2 from flipkart, one for myself and other for a frined from a different pin code in Delhi, lol but when the same frined tried to buy he couldn't... So ask someone from your city who has a plus accoubt with flipkart to try and buy foe you and get it shipped to your address
Its still available from flipkart, see if they are entertaining orders from your region.

Only for hair clipping .. How's MG7715/45 as compared to Wahl .. say Legend or Color Pro ? They are almost same price .. 4.5k

This will be my first buy. And if I understand correctly, MG7715/45 will still need top hair to be cut by scissors. Appreciate your inputs/experience

Back