Wish to buy a hair clipper new

At what price did it come back. It used to be available for 3250 but now price seems to be jacked up.

for for 4.1K .. Its not about price anymore ,more about availability. We sometimes have to pay premium at these times to get one.

Its not available on any other website. If it was there ,it was not serviceable to my pincode.

Anyway excellent product !!

There is a difference between clipper and trimmer.
The distinguishing features is the length of the blades. Clippers will have longer blades and larger gap vs trimmers which has shorter blades and smaller gap, this allows it to take in more quantity of hair and not get bogged down. Clippers also have multiple attachments to achieve different length of hair cut.

Yes
Wahl 9243-4724 Home Cut Complete Hair Cutting Clipper
So unlike a lot of reviews the device is actually useful, doesn't heat up while using or have poor build quality with falling parts? The latter part you might just not be able to answer yet in this short period of usage.

So unlike a lot of reviews the device is actually useful, doesn't heat up while using or have poor build quality with falling parts? The latter part you might just not be able to answer yet in this short period of usage.
Most of the negative reviews is by jingoists who are dismayed seeing it Made in China. (I am sure those jingoists also threw away their Apple products similarly).

Coming over to the real things: the combs and attachments are not very sturdy. They get the job done, however, the plastic is flexible and I don't know how it will act on someone with a thick shock of hair. To be clear this affects only the larger attachments like 1" since the smaller ones have short comb and will anyway not bend.

The thing does get heated up, but I see people comparing it with the beard trimmer. Beard trimmers are low powered, low intensity devices having a long handle - it is but obvious that the heating felt at hand will be less.

Thats device is actually very very good.
If i hadn't bought the philips one, I would have degi itely bought the Wahl one.

At the time of my requirement there were next to nil trimmer and clippers were available.

I bought the best one ans its great.. Would have been even better if 2 more bigger combs were there in the package hence I am saying Wahl would have served me way better as i needed only a clipper

The MRP on the box which I had to return to Myntra was 1695 and still they sold to me for 1800.
It was 2000 on Amazon yesterday and now it is 1695. I think you can get it for 1400 during sales but not sure how it can be sold for 1800 or 2000 when the MRP itself is 1695.

It was 2000 on Amazon yesterday and now it is 1695. I think you can get it for 1400 during sales but not sure how it can be sold for 1800 or 2000 when the MRP itself is 1695.
If that's the case then its a huge huge huge malpractice and blunder.... i would suggest all who have paid over the mrp and if the said listing at the time of purchase didn't have separate shipping charges..
Make a compliant on pg portal against the seller, and amazon, showing the invoice and picture of the mrp mentioned on the product... Then things will move..

Select ministry of Consumer affairs while making the complaint...

This is for all who may have purchased the philips MG7715/15 trimmer.
Please register your product on philips.Co.In within 3 months of purchase to avail the extended warranty..
Flipkart always sends the invoice upon delivery so that invoice would have to be uploaded as well at the time of registration.

Thanks

Last edited:
I bought the Wahl 9243-4724 last week. The MRP written on the box is Rs 2000. Bought it for Rs 1849.
IMG_0444.jpg

Fellas, how are your clippers holding up? I’m planning to get one too, but confused af due to mixed reviews on amazon and all. Shall i get the entry level wahl home clipper or something like the super taper for buzz cut?

My Super Taper is working fine but I've only had to use it 4-5 times in the whole year. The corded products are more than good enough for anyone and everyone as they are designed keeping barber shops which would probably use them more times in a week than we would in our whole lives. Just remember to keep the blades oiled and store only after properly cleaning it so that the blades don't catch rust.

Buy entry level Wahl, you will probably not use it after the pandemic. It is difficult to cut your own hair. I have a entry level Wahl, used it 5-6 times since the pandemic started.

Back