Budget 90k+ Work and Play Laptop

srikanthuk

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? Flexible can go upto 1.5Lakh if needed (Cheaper is still better)
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Office work with Word / Excel / Outlook / AutoCAD and maybe some NavisWorks. Otherwise some casual gaming in the lines of Civilisation 6 etc and Movies (Netflix / Amazon Prime)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? As Light as possible since i need to move alot of with the laptop when i am using it.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Avoiding Acer since its been a nightmare for me the last time i got one. Also no Apple products
  • Any other considerations? A good battery life, needs to last a full 8 hour day on the road without any charging. While travelling though i may probably only use work/excel and outlook.

Last edited:
@cyberwarfare He got a good deal on a Dell 7000 series - dunno specs, but is surely lightweight and all. I got a Acer Nitro (2.5kg, i7 8th gen 6C/12T, 1050Ti , 8GB , 128GB M2+1TB HDD) which I plan to keep as desktop replacement while my Dell 5000 series Vostro tags along with me....

Something about Acer puts me off, must be because of my past experience. How's the battery life for the Acer Nitro?

The vostro needs to be purchased through a business right?[DOUBLEPOST=1532701752][/DOUBLEPOST]Also where in Mumbai can i get a hands on of the model and give the best prices

Also, wa
Something about Acer puts me off, must be because of my past experience. How's the battery life for the Acer Nitro?

The vostro needs to be purchased through a business right?[DOUBLEPOST=1532701752][/DOUBLEPOST]Also where in Mumbai can i get a hands on of the model and give the best prices

I have not benchmarked the battery, but I think its about 2-3 hours.

Nopes, Amazon. The best prices are online with CB, like the Prime Sale last week.

Hmmm 4K or not to 4K :D

and where can i get the best prices for a XPS 13.. I am stingy as hell[DOUBLEPOST=1532951399][/DOUBLEPOST]Ohh and also can we extend the accidental damage warranty? Sounds useful if i have it for more than a year. For a klutz like me

Last edited:
Hmmm confusion confusion....[DOUBLEPOST=1533117290][/DOUBLEPOST]What do you guys say about the new HP Omen 15 laptops.

Its not as light

Omen 15-DC0085TX is Rs 1,54,490 and i get a i7 8750H with 16GB Ram and a 8GB 1070GTX.

My brain says its not required my heart though...

Last edited:
Hi guys

I finally went and got the omen pc.

It's been two days now. Laptop seems good but one thing I noticed. On the bottom on the screen at the border I can notice a tiny LCD screen bleeding. It's not too bad. New laptop So wondering if it's normal[DOUBLEPOST=1534082222][/DOUBLEPOST]I've uploaded the picture for an idea. The photo seems to show it worse that it is

Attachments

• 20180812_192601.jpg
    20180812_192601.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hi guys

I finally went and got the omen pc.

It's been two days now. Laptop seems good but one thing I noticed. On the bottom on the screen at the border I can notice a tiny LCD screen bleeding. It's not too bad. New laptop So wondering if it's normal

Might be IPS glow since it's around the edge if it isn't too distracting don't worry about it.

Back