Budget 71-90K Work Laptop Suggestions (Typing + Image Editing)

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Hi, I'm starting a creative agency soon and I'm on the lookout for a new work laptop.
  • What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.) - Ideally around 70k, but I'm willing to spend up to 90k (maybe a bit beyond that if highly necessary).
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming) - Work, work, work. The primary use is for typing. I'm mainly a copywriter. So, it also needs to handle heavy web browsing for my research. I'll also be using it for image editing (Photoshop and Illustrator).
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between) - Anything between 13 and 15 inches.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell) - Looking at Dell Latitude and Lenovo Thinkpad E or T series. They seem to have the best keyboards amongst all the laptops I've come across. The build quality seems great too.
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) - 6th generation i5/i7. 8GB RAM. FullHD screen with IPS panel preferred. 6+ hours battery life (8+ is awesome). A dedicated graphics will be icing on the cake, but I think I'll be OK with the new integrated Intel graphics too.
Also, any places where I can get it from for a good price? If you know any, please hook me up with them.

Update: Settled for Lenovo ThinkPad E460 (i7/8GB RAM/2GB Graphics). Cost around 74k in S.P. Road.

Everything about the laptop is good, save for the screen. I'd really appreciate a FullHD screen at this budget. The current one is barely decent, though it's matte (and anti-glare).

Yet to experience it enough to comment on the battery life. Will update it later after some extensive use.

Are keyboards on Hp/ Dell models not as good as this one ? Specs seem a bit underwhelming for 74k. No Full hd Ips and no ssd :eek:
HP models aren't that great. I checked all of them. Dell Inspiron series was the next best bet, but those have average build quality at best, and the keyboard/touchpad creaks, even in high-end models. Dell Latitude series I kind of liked from online reviews, but that can't be bought by individuals, only businesses.

Yeah, no FullHD and no SSD too. However, the build quality and keyboard is great. It's a breeze to type on. I don't like the Fn key in the left-bottom corner though. That should have been a Ctrl key. Needs some getting used to.

The next option was a MacBook Pro Retina (i5/8GB RAM/128GB SSD) at 90k. But it's just too old now and not value for money at that price.

There is no issue picking up a Dell Latitude for individuals, all the Dell chap does is put your name as the business name, if required. That too, I dont think is needed.

Seems a bit expensive for 74K. I got a Dell 5459 Vostro, added a SSD and 8GB RAM - 55K for base and 15K extra.

The Dell showroom guy told me otherwise. And I needed a laptop ASAP.

How's the Dell Vostro?

The keyboard is not as good as I would have wanted it to be - Latitudes have better keyboards. But as a bonus, backlit, which is something I have on my Sony VAIO E series and absolutely love.

Back