Budget 41-50k Workstation pc

Hi,

I believe we have spoken earlier on the phone, you are in equity trading I believe. Coming to the GPU, you will need to buy one with multiple outputs, else go for the NVS Quadros from nVIDIA, which are meant for multi monitor displays. These will have either a combination of display ports or HDMI/DVI, which you would need to get converters for.

Hi,

I believe we have spoken earlier on the phone, you are in equity trading I believe. Coming to the GPU, you will need to buy one with multiple outputs, else go for the NVS Quadros from nVIDIA, which are meant for multi monitor displays. These will have either a combination of display ports or HDMI/DVI, which you would need to get converters for.
thanks man

but i am not that much knowledgeable in pc parts , please provide link of exact model

regards

Thats why I mentioned, you need to go with a single GPU with that many outputs, else get a NVS card which does. Another option would be to use a display port hub, which allows splitting one displayport into multiple ones.

Dear @toocool6600
I am also looking for same kind of setup for trading equities intraday. I use pi of Zerodha mostly.

What I am planning is any cheap vfm IPS 22"/24" 1920x1080 monitors x 5 which got DVI, VGA and HDMI inputs.
Something like
6x ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" LED Monitor (1920 x 1080)
which comes with Inputs: 1x DVI-D, 1x VGA, 1x HDMI. The idea is to get at least 6 monitor ports so that
any monitor can be hooked to any of the available ports.

Below is some rough configuration

Haswell:
Processor: CORE i3 4610 =~ 8.5K
Motherboard: MSI B85M G43 =~ 5.5K
Monitor outputs: 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI, 1x VGA
Maximum Monitors Capability (Using CPU Integrated Graphics): 3
Expansion Bus: 2x PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x1
RAM/Memory: 4x DDR3-1600/1333/1066 DIMM Slots

Or
Skylake:
Core I5-6500 3.20 Ghz =~ 14.5K
Maximum Monitors (Using CPU Integrated Graphics): 3
Gigabyte Micro ATX DDR4 GA-B150M-D3H Motherboard =~ 7.5K
Monitor outputs: 1x HDMI, 1x DVI, 1x VGA
Maximum Monitors Capability (Using CPU Integrated Graphics): 3
Expansion Bus: 2x PCIe x16, 2x Legacy PCI
RAM/Memory: 4x DDR4-2133 DIMM Slots

And any cheap graphics card like
Zotac GeForce GT 730 Low Profile Graphics Card =~ 2.5K
Memory: 2 GB
Interface: PCI Express x16
Maximum monitors: 3
Outputs: Graphics Card 1x VGA, 1x DVI ,1x HDMI and 1x VGA, 1x DVI ,1x HDMI of Motherboard = 6 Monitors

Now my concern is will Zerodha pi will be able to run smoothly on any of the above configuration. I am saying this as Pi struggle on my 5th Gen Broadwell 5005U /4GB Ram Laptop when connected via hdmi 1.4 to 1x External FHD monitor (over sampled to 1920x1080).

Also are you from Mumbai?

I am from Delhi bro

I think since it's a professional thing I will go for i5 as already had i3, other stuff as people suggest here as I am not very good at pc configuration

Can you tell me difference between video cards and GPU?

Last edited:
"Can you tell me difference between video cards and GPU" If Bike is Video Card then GPU is the Engine which drives it.

In layman terms people use video card or graphics card interchangeably, hope I am clear in my explanation.

http://www.amazon.in/Plugable-Dual-...UTF8&qid=1475419894&sr=8-24&keywords=Plugable

Someone using it? I heard it's very good solution no hassle, for 2 extra monitors, apart from 2 which gpu will handle

These are non standard solutions, why you want to go for a Rs. 7000 solution when you can get same thing via a good standard Rs. 3000 graphics card.

Simple solution is
1. Get a motherboard which has 3 monitor output
2. Get a VFM graphics card which has 3 monitor output
Now you got 6 monitor output available.
3. Get a monitor like this http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00AQBWMZ4/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
It has a DVI Hdmi and VGA port

Now you can connect all 6 monitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Can you tell me difference between video cards and GPU" If Bike is Video Card then GPU is the Engine which drives it.

In layman terms people use video card or graphics card interchangeably, hope I am clear in my explanation.

These are non standard solutions, why you want to go for a Rs. 7000 solution when you can get same thing via a good standard Rs. 3000 graphics card.

Simple solution is
1. Get a motherboard which has 3 monitor output
2. Get a VFM graphics card which has 3 monitor output
Now you got 6 monitor output available.
3. Get a monitor like this http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00AQBWMZ4/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
It has a DVI Hdmi and VGA port

Now you can connect all 6 monitors.
As I said I am not very technical when it comes to pc

In MY current pc, and my current shop, when they installed video card, the ports of monitors output were stopped working and I was told they won't work with video card installed,

if it's possible to have motherboard ports and video card /GPU ports working at the same time then everything is solved, no solution needed. But I think it will overload the motherboard probably but I am not sure

Point is how to do this, please share, any disadvantages of this?

Regards

Passive Dual Monitor Graphics Cards

This option is what we use and here is why.

Dual monitor graphics cards can obviously support 2 screens, want to support 4 monitors? We install two graphics cards. Six monitors? Well, that’s 3 dual monitor cards and eight monitor support? You guessed it, 4 dual monitor graphics cards.

Now, we specifically choose the nVidia GT 730 as our primary graphics card for the following reasons:

They are one of the most powerful graphics cards available which can be passively cooled, this means it has no cooling fans on it which in turn means it runs absolutely silent.
They carry 1 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 VGA port on them, you can use any 2 at the same time. DVI and HDMI are interchangeable so these cards will connect to two DVI or HDMI screens with the right cables, this creates a fully digital signal. Older VGA monitors are also supported by using the VGA port and a HDMI to VGA converter. This covers around 95% of screens on the market in my estimation.
They are very low power draw so don’t require larger capacity power supplies and are cheaper to run.
Another benefit of this build method is simple really, if a card fails you generally still have 1 or more remaining which will grant you access to your computer, this can be crucial for some of our customers.

http://www.multiplemonitors.co.uk/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-multi-monitor-graphics-cards/

Back