Worm 'Nyxem.e' spreading fast, raises concern

Worm has minimal impact :hap2: nevertheless according to reports, the Kama Sutra worm forced the municipality of Milano to turn off 10,000 machines.

Not Overhyped after all, stats out :

Although the Nyxem.e worm was found to have caused very little actual damage, researchers estimate that the worm in total infected between 469,507 and 946,835 systems between 15 January and 1 February.

salmy said:
If PC are infected. There any step to recover the data?
Try running your a/v or the standalone removal tools, if they detect the worm and if the infected data is recoverable, they themselves would give you the option of cleaning the file. If not, then you might have to delete or quarantine the files.

dipdude said:
Try running your a/v or the standalone removal tools, if they detect the worm and if the infected data is recoverable, they themselves would give you the option of cleaning the file. If not, then you might have to delete or quarantine the files.

i've run the removal tool and it detect the virus and clean it. but all my work save in word,excel and powerpoint still show the (DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]) message. is there any solution to this. i mean getting back all my work.there goes nothing for 5 year job disapear just like that...:huh:

Salmy, i am really sorry for your loss, the only way would be using backup's.

If you want, try file recovery tools, if the files have been deleted intact then you may be able to recover them, but i honestly doubt that :( so best is to move on, its tough, but it happens to all of us sometime or other.

Back