Security Software Worst security software you have used

Which was the worst security software you have ever used? Personally, I have been disappointed by BitDefender. It has failed to block viruses and trojans. I do not recommend it. What about you?

I have been using Kaspersky for almost 4 years now without any issues.However I use some safety measures intrinsically e.g. adblockers + popup blockers on browsers and I don't have much of a need for random pen drives from a multitude of people.

As for the worst security software Norton takes the cake for me personally.

Hands down, worst i've used is net protector anti virus (NPAV). i haven't really used it myself, but had to remove it from many PCs because it actually murders the system worse than any virus would. yeah, make in india...lol

Hands down, worst i've used is net protector anti virus (NPAV). i haven't really used it myself, but had to remove it from many PCs because it actually murders the system worse than any virus would. yeah, make in india...lol
Most of the time I'm online, and am hearing about this anti virus for the first time.
To me, its Norton AV. Sometimes it does the opposite instead of protecting the system.

NPAV is immensely popular locally. It sells in great amount in local computer shops. Some people swear by it. It is installed on computers of most cyber cafes.

I have put Avast free on computer of my friend, and another person would say to remove it, and put NPAV on it. It's really laughable. Anyone who recommends or uses NPAV shows how little or nothing they know about security.

Been using bitdefender for long and really working good. There free version is also lite and non intrusive. Compared to avg.
Worst or bloated would be Norton.

Avast free is the worst I have used. It Created 15 GB of files on my SSD just within a week of installation.

Avast free is the worst I have used. It Created 15 GB of files on my SSD just within a week of installation.

That's quite odd. Where were these 15 GB of files created?

I have been using Avast free for many many years now, and never faced such problem. Avast free is really light on the system, and its detection is top notch too. It has saved me on many occasions.

It does offer many extras during installation, which one might not need. So did you customize the installation?

That's quite odd. Where were these 15 GB of files created?

I have been using Avast free for many many years now, and never faced such problem. Avast free is really light on the system, and its detection is top notch too. It has saved me on many occasions.

It does offer many extras during installation, which one might not need. So did you customize the installation?
Forgot the exact location of the files, it was like a year ago. I did customize the installation and installed only the necessary components. Checked with Spacesniffer and all the files were related to Avast. After uninstalling Avast got back 15GB of Disk space.

That's strange. I checked Avast folders on my installation, and it doesn't occupy that much space. 15GB is quite a lot.
Most probably it was a bug with Avast. It created huge temporary files and did not delete them which occupied a lot of disk space.

So which antivirus do you guys recommend for a pc with intensive internet usage? I've been using NPAV for almost 2-3 years. Haven't faced any problems.

NPAV is a piece of junk. Didn't you read the comments above? If it was such a good antivirus, why doesn't it get a mention anywhere in the top antivirus brands? You won't find it mentioned anywhere. If you want to invest money on an antivirus, please do it on a reputed antivirus like Kaspersky, or BitDefender. Otherwise, free antivirus also work really well. I have been using a free one for years.. Avast, and never had trouble. But, I do agree, I don't browse irresponsibly.

If you do that, then even a very good antivirus cannot save you. Safe practice have to be followed, specially now, when so many nasty malware are there.

NPAV is a piece of junk. Didn't you read the comments above? If it was such a good antivirus, why doesn't it get a mention anywhere in the top antivirus brands? You won't find it mentioned anywhere. If you want to invest money on an antivirus, please do it on a reputed antivirus like Kaspersky, or BitDefender. Otherwise, free antivirus also work really well. I have been using a free one for years.. Avast, and never had trouble. But, I do agree, I don't browse irresponsibly.

If you do that, then even a very good antivirus cannot save you. Safe practice have to be followed, specially now, when so many nasty malware are there.
Alright thanks for the input.

How is quickheal?

QuickHeal also isn't too good. Free antivirus like Avast, Avira, BitDefender are better options than QuickHeal.

Just go for reputed and established international brand names like Kaspersky, BitDefender etc, which have proved themselves with tests done by AV Comparatives.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/

If you really have to put money for antivirus, then put them on such reputed antivirus.

Windows Defender as suggested above is good too, but I found that it slows my system a lot. So, I don't prefer it personally.

Quickheal was good 10yrs ago when tried it thereafter stuck to Eset and since 4 yrs no AV.
Also local people are mad about NPAV and shops lure them with bundled NPAV as if giving McAfee Enterprise for free. Chu public feels happy and pays extra thinking their collar raised by an inch.:D:p

LOL :D. Yeah, I have seen people buying bundles of NPAV, and it really sells like hot cakes in the local computer shops. And people who have little knowledge of computers recommend NPAV, which I find quite funny.

Back