Security Software Worst security software you have used

Then there are those people who buy cracked copies of Kaspersky, Norton or McAfee by paying ₹100 and feel like they've got all the protection and goes on to open every ZIP file they receive over email or skype. :p

Hands down, has to be Quickheal. I wont consider even using softwares like NP-AV - why would you use something that has no backing behind it?
My dad went to repair shop to get laptop battery replaced and somehow came back with 800rs copy of quickheal anti virus. I was in another city at that time and I called that shop and gave them an earful but they were like sir, packae already opened, we can't take them back. mc

My dad went to repair shop to get laptop battery replaced and somehow came back with 800rs copy of quickheal anti virus. I was in another city at that time and I called that shop and gave them an earful but they were like sir, packae already opened, we can't take them back. mc
:eek::D did your dad asked him for AV or they simply stick it to him luring into some offer.

apparently virus causes battery degradation and they sold him AV to prevent it from occuring in the future. these shops just survive from computer illiterate customers

Symantec AV. Very old case when i had replaced ESET NOD32 with Symantec AV, The system got infected with a virus which made me have to format the entire system. It was an account PC and it was nightmare of data recovery and cleaning. Switched back to ESET on all systems and have never looked back.

QuickHeal also isn't too good. Free antivirus like Avast, Avira, BitDefender are better options than QuickHeal.

Just go for reputed and established international brand names like Kaspersky, BitDefender etc, which have proved themselves with tests done by AV Comparatives.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/

If you really have to put money for antivirus, then put them on such reputed antivirus.

Windows Defender as suggested above is good too, but I found that it slows my system a lot. So, I don't prefer it personally.
If you don't buy their products, how do you expect them to afford to pay their employees and improve their software?

QuickHeal and other lesser-known companies want to improve the quality of their products, but if everyone buys only Kaspersky, BitDefender and ESET, then QuickHeal will not be able to grow and become a better product.

apparently virus causes battery degradation and they sold him AV to prevent it from occuring in the future. these shops just survive from computer illiterate customers
Tbh, computer sales people are so illiterate themselves i wouldn't be surprised if the guy actually believed this when he said it to your father.

Norton introduced me to the concept of 'bad software' I can't believe they're still in business.
I used Mcaffee for a couple of years until that got too bloated and slow.
switched to avast and still using it today.

If you don't buy their products, how do you expect them to afford to pay their employees and improve their software?

QuickHeal and other lesser-known companies want to improve the quality of their products, but if everyone buys only Kaspersky, BitDefender and ESET, then QuickHeal will not be able to grow and become a better product.

What kind of lame argument is this? Really dude?

So, people should buy their software, just so they can get money and they can improve? Apply that to all other products in the world out there who are below quality. You really expect people to buy all those low quality products, just so the companies can improve them?

It doesn't work that way. It's the quality that sells. You make quality products and people will gladly buy them. Kaspersky and BitDefender sell because they have proven themselves throughout the years.. including AV tests. Even BitDefender was not so much good in quality, but in recent years, they improved and now they are one of the top AVs. So, you have to improve in order for customers to buy your products.

And QuickHeal have been around for many years now... they got enough time to improve, and it's not like it doesn't sell. If the company is operating... putting ads on TV, then it's making enough money to improve. Still if it doesn't, it's their problem. Why would customers put their money on them and buy sub-par products, and that too where security of their computers is involved. When it comes to security, you really need products you can rely on.

What kind of lame argument is this? Really dude?

So, people should buy their software, just so they can get money and they can improve? Apply that to all other products in the world out there who are below quality. You really expect people to buy all those low quality products, just so the companies can improve them?

It doesn't work that way. It's the quality that sells. You make quality products and people will gladly buy them. Kaspersky and BitDefender sell because they have proven themselves throughout the years.. including AV tests. Even BitDefender was not so much good in quality, but in recent years, they improved and now they are one of the top AVs. So, you have to improve in order for customers to buy your products.

And QuickHeal have been around for many years now... they got enough time to improve, and it's not like it doesn't sell. If the company is operating... putting ads on TV, then it's making enough money to improve. Still if it doesn't, it's their problem. Why would customers put their money on them and buy sub-par products, and that too where security of their computers is involved. When it comes to security, you really need products you can rely on.
He sounds like some Quick heal representative hence defending it in this manner or he is some Qh loyal fanboy.

He doesn't realize that the customer is not supposed to be concerned how the company makes profits or markets its products. Customer is free to choose any product of his choice desi or videsi.

I was a loyal eset user for 5 yrs before I completely gave up for any AV. Have also disabled defender.

Customer got nothing to do about having Mercy on some small company and just for that mercy sake buy the product.
I'm not saying the product is bad or good but this is out of the comman users context as to how the co. works, flourishes, prospires and earns.

He sounds like some Quick heal representative hence defending it in this manner or he is some Qh loyal fanboy.
Haha! I have only tried QuickHeal once, a long time ago, and I was displeased with the fact that it somehow deleted my browser's session for some unknown reason. I have not used QuickHeal since then. But I like to support lesser-known companies because I think that investing in lesser-known projects developed by people who have ambition is better than supporting big companies who eventually create monopoly, like Android and Apple did because people didn't support Blackberry.

I had this same conversation with someone, because Quickheal is a Made In India product, i was told to buy it. I told them that the malware authors unfortunately are not from India, else we would not have this issue!

However, I would suggest you to continue using QH, apparently they have improved (according to the sales person who keeps whatsapping me). I might check them next time for sure.

I had this same conversation with someone, because Quickheal is a Made In India product, i was told to buy it. I told them that the malware authors unfortunately are not from India, else we would not have this issue!

However, I would suggest you to continue using QH, apparently they have improved (according to the sales person who keeps whatsapping me). I might check them next time for sure.
If you don't like it don't use it. try Avira free version. These days even Windows Defender works great!

Back