Security Software Worst security software you have used

We are forced to use McAfee at work. piece of shit. I have the same feeling with all the antivirus anyways. Also, we have to use McAfee disk-encryption; another piece of shit.

Almost AVs are shit and resource hoggers in either way. But cant risk anything in work so have to go with something.
Most of the avs are stuck in loophole scanning a certain file which isnt suspicious and still keeps scanning dont know why it thinks its suspicious and keep scanning scanning and irritates end users by needlessly slowing down the whole system.

Till date I only came across ESET/NOD32 which didnt kept acting stupid but it had its own cons like unless it loads all its services or something, the network icon wont show up nor the network will be up. This could take anything from 5 mins to 15.

Now this was some 6 yrs ago since then no AV at least on my home pc. And already Win10 sucking up disk I/O activity at startup doing something useless god knows what and cannot think of risking any AV to add more to that disk load.

Had a big problem last week, when i was trying to install a CAD software in my relatives machine, it was just stubbornly refusing to install, after hours of frustration it turns out the software writes temp files to C:\ after creating a folder with random numbers and then starts set up from that directory, Bitdefender AntiRansomware decided it is suspicious and started blocking it, which in itself is fine but there were no indications whatsoever that this was happening. And i was able to end the program by simply right click, exit. No safeguards from other process, so any program can kill it easily.
Used to like Bitdefender when it came out initially, but right now i think it is just a bloated mess.

Yes. I ran a scan. Nothing much came. Just some unwanted program thingy threats.
If you got a used computer, never trust anything, nuke it and do a fresh install, install all the updates, install ublock origin+umatrix(will break websites if you dont configure it properly), update windows defender and keep malwarebytes and hitman pro for occasional on-demand scan, run/schedule a scan once a week as per usage.

If you got a used computer, never trust anything, nuke it and do a fresh install, install all the updates, install ublock origin+umatrix(will break websites if you dont configure it properly), update windows defender and keep malwarebytes and hitman pro for occasional on-demand scan, run/schedule a scan once a week as per usage.
Its a company laptop so cant do much. only thing is that it was used by a married lady so i dont expect she visits many harmful sites anyway. I installed malware bytes and did a full scan and will scan using avast today evening too before i start using this system for my personal and bank login etc.

Its a company laptop so cant do much. only thing is that it was used by a married lady so i dont expect she visits many harmful sites anyway. I installed malware bytes and did a full scan and will scan using avast today evening too before i start using this system for my personal and bank login etc.

Ahh ok, then cant do much. yeah that should be fine, may be scan with hitman too.

The worst security software i have used is 360 security because it never shows virus in your computer and when i uninstall it there are up to 5 to 6 trojan virus (I am a gaming geek). The best so far is avast (Paid one)

What is the point of an antivirus, when newer intel chips using closed codes in BIOS, it may not be anything but can be a backdoor also.

Back