WRT To Axis Bank Credit Card

sgx100

Adept
Hi,

Just received an Axis Bank credit card at home and need to courier it to Delhi.
So I want to know if the CVV code in the Axis Bank Credit Card is removable or is it hard inscribed on it.

If is is not a removable sticker then I dont think it would be safe to ask my folks to courier it. Also the credit limit is 1L so cant take a risk.

Any new Axis Bank card users can confirm this ?

sgx100 said:
Hi,

Just received an Axis Bank credit card at home and need to courier it to Delhi.

So I want to know if the CVV code in the Axis Bank Credit Card is removable or is it hard inscribed on it.

If is is not a removable sticker then I dont think it would be safe to ask my folks to courier it. Also the credit limit is 1L so cant take a risk.

Any new Axis Bank card users can confirm this ?
Ask your folks to note down the cvv code and grey it out. Its not hard inscribed on the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if someone gets to know your CC number and CVV number, it cant be used to make an online payment without details like ATM Pin, DOB, email address, Mobile no. as you need to Register a CC with VISA (assuming your CC is VISA) first and those details are needed for it.

BTW even if someone knows your DOB, email ID and mobile phone number, they still cant make an online payment as first VISA will send a unique password to your mobile phone and email address which will be needed to complete Verified by VISA registration following which you will need to make a new password. That password (the one you will assign) will be required everytime you make an online payment. :)

Maybe you can call the bank customer care and ask them to temporarily block the card.

Btw the banks too send the card by courier only. ;)

Lovely replies people.

Just happened to call customer care and they said that the card is originally deactivated and even if the destined user needs to use the card he needs to activate it over phone by talking to the Help Line. I will again confirm this by speaking to another customer care agent tomorrow in the morning.

PS : My SBI CC was once misused to the full limit by way of fraud Railway Transactions ( n I was never able to understand how ) and ultimately the case wasn't solved owning to which I had to ultimately go for a settlement. The entire sequence was very very harassing on me mentally, emotionally and physically. So I want to make sure Im not duped ever again.

^ I can confirm that, my dad got an Axis CC, it came disabled and had to call the customer care to activate the card. :)

so still don't take the risk, just remove the CVV code from the card before sending. Further, use bluedart to send it, its more reliable. And if they ask you to declare what is inside, say its a DEBIT card or some other documents. Just don't declare it as credit card. It would attract unnecessary eyeballs.

Since a) card is not activated b) CVV number is not there C) Its sent in sealed packaged using a good service. Chance of misuse is unlikely

Hope it helps:)

Hi,

Got the card mailed by BlueDart finally by folks.
I gave a tough time to my folks too :bleh:

Also got it confirmed twice from the Helpline that the card was deactivated.

Many Thanks to everyone who responded in this thread :clap:

Back