WTB :: 24-26 inch Full HD TV

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I am looking for a full hd 24-26 inch tv which will double up as a monitor I can connect my laptop to or something that would go well with my htpc project.
Kindly suggest some good televisions (led/lcd) with full hd resolution and usb playback support with 24 or 26 inch screen sizes.

Mostly it boils down to the "screen brightness". Monitors are designed for near-field use, hence do not need to be bright, while a TV needs to. @sunny27 what is the viewing distance? Decide on monitor vs TV, based on that.

Get a HD-Ready TV. Dont waste money on the so-called FullHD, for that screen size & viewing distance it is meaningless to spend the extra on FullHD. Google for viewing distance vs TV size charts, you will understand what I have mentioned.

A monitor may not provide you with enough brightness at 8 feet dist. 6 feet is just OK (I use a Dell 2312) in a not very bright room.

Also factor the windows, if you have any windows bang in front of the sitting position, TV will be unbearable, due to reflections (most TVs are glossy screens for better color reproduction).

Back