WTB : MX518 (or just its Body)

Status
Not open for further replies.

! 0 t A

Skilled
WEll here is the deal. . the protrusions form the inside of the body of my MX 518 have worn out and so the contact to the relay switches is not proper so i would be needing A new mouse or if someone has some other fault in his MX and has the body still intact than i can also buy that and replace it with mine and it will still serve my purpose.:hap2:

Thnx

Please elaborate... :huh: :huh:

What I believe is that the bottom part of the click button, which is inside the mouse has worn out & its not making proper contact with the clicking switch.. So its harder to press to get the left click/ rt click (Whichever the case).... :S :S

racy1 said:
Please elaborate... :huh: :huh:

What I believe is that the bottom part of the click button, which is inside the mouse has worn out & its not making proper contact with the clicking switch.. So its harder to press to get the left click/ rt click (Whichever the case).... :S :S

Yes Exactly. .so i need a new mouse all together or an extra body if anyone has.:rofl:

Audi0slave said:
Fix it like I did it last time with some tape.

True.. Even I've fixed my older Logitech Wheel Mouse optical with the same problem...

Open the mouse & stick a flat but sturdy slip of material using super glue on the button side (Not on the switch)... I recommend the triangular cut slip of those medicine blister packs... ;) ;) ..That is what I use.. they are flexible, sturdy & ductile....

Still going strong after six years... :hap2: :hap2: :hap2:

Arre i did that but it the problem persists even after that. . i have tried 10 different materials . . have tried sticking ti on the inside and the switch. . no PROGRESS. . I am tired of opening the mouse every now and then.

! 0 t A said:
Arre i did that but it the problem persists even after that. . i have tried 10 different materials . . have tried sticking ti on the inside and the switch. . no PROGRESS. . I am tired of opening the mouse every now and then.

Well it worked for me... thought it might for you... atleast use the plastic slip & make sure it sticks with good surface area to the base of button.. if its flat then I don't think feviquick will let it go... do keep it for 3-4 hars after applying feviquick so that there is ample time to bond...

If still no luck then best of luck with your thread.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back