WTB Set Top Box, Which Company is Better Tata Sky / Dish / Reliance or Any Other?

Whose services are cheaper as compared to others

• Total voters
I am having 3 TVs at home. One is CRT, one is plasma and last one is full HD TV. I want to know which service provider is giving better service at lesser prices. My preference TV channels are Sony, Colours, Star +, Hindi & English movie channels and some free news channels are the major once. Would like to know if any provider is giving discounts on Diwali and on installation on 2nd & 3rd TV.

Please suggest me what type of set top box should I go and which provider is giving competitive services. I am living in Delhi.

Only you can say if you want to watch HD channels or not, if you are then you need to take a HD STB, which costs around 3100 (price of all are same more or less).
Cost wise there's no one could defeat Videocon D2H. 480 rupees per month, you get everything, all the SD channels they provide, and 22 HD channels.
Picture quality wise Tata Sky and AirTel. If someone has eyes, then he/she will able to see the difference in a second, for HD channels especially. Cost wise I find Tata Sky ridiculous and most expensive, I just don't get their packages, but heard their ASS is good. AirTel on the other hand has the best packages imo, it's clear, the PQ is fantastic, I find the audio good too (using TV speakers), rate is on higher side but far reasonable than Tata Sky. But I don't think there's much offer they provide, whereas TS and Videocon gives good offers. Also AirTel is infamous for its pathetic CC and ASS.

I am using Videocon D2H and in terms of price no one beats them. In Bangalore their service has been pretty decent. From my close circle of friends, Air tel is too be avoided as their service is pathetic. Picture quality I have not compared so cannot really comment on the same.

I see someone vote for Reliance. :p :p
I am using it, and I seriously do NOT recommend it to anyone.
Main reason - lack of channels.

Price/package = Videocon

Rest all = Tata Sky (been using since it came)

Once I asked the feedback of local retailers, and they too said about only these two.

I've been using Airtel for the last 4 years. Minor hiccups here and there but nothing that a call to the customer care won't fix.

I don't know if this applies for all Airtel customers but i get connected to their PLATINUM customer care whenever i call. The guys here seem to be more knowledgeable than the regular call center folks.

Back