WTB : Urgent Thermal Pads atleast 8, max 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebanik

Skilled
Urgently need Thermal Pads for memory sinks on graphic card. Need atleast 8, max 16. If you can provide any link in India from where can buy would be great or a store in Nehru Place.

zanderzone said:
yantraonline.com provides 3M tape for Rs 300 odd

actually I need thick pads and not any thin pad/tape, stupid me, cleaned my 4870x2 of the pads, threw them and then found out that, the way screws are made without the necessary width of the pads, contact of the sink and the memory cannot be made......

stalker said:
contact 3m India directly..
they will give.

for phree

Followed your suggestions, they responded after about a week, and have been in discussion with their marketing team ever since. Have provided way too much technical information about the way the pads will be used, the heat that the chip will produce etc etc etc etc. After getting all the information they are now sitting silent on it, dunno if they will even send something or not. But atleast it gave me some hope. BTW did you got something as well from them??? Their technical Manager or something, very proudly said that recently they did provide thermal tape for graphic cards to some user.....

btw bump....still looking, thermal tape will do to now but this is for another card.....

I do have some tape (the stuff with adhesive on both sides), and I can let go of a pack I think, though your location is a problem for me for sure. It's the Akasa TIMs from Sidewinder. I ordered six packs, but have only needed a bit from the first pack. It's not really very thin though, will be about 1.5mm thick foam-tape type consistency and a very stubborn adhesive on both sides. Takes some force to remove, so beware if you're trying to fit it on a graphics card.

For the thicker pads, use a surgical pad folded over a few times and doused with the white goo. It will work just fine, it will also work fine without them for most users. GDDR5 does not get very hot as it is, and the thicker pad is only used as a decorative features as its thermal resistance is equal to a blob of plastic sitting on the chip.

If you are trying to push the memory hard, a thin aluminum/copper shim will be a much better bet, it will bridge the gap nicely and you can use a bit of paste on both sides.

^^^are you sure its 1.5mm??? coz the one on sidewinder has a width of around .3mm. In any case, I have now 2 cards to cater to, 1 has about a gap of 1mm between the memory and the heatsink, if its 1.5mm then it will perfectly suit my need, coz you need compression to make the heat transfer work properly. And even if its .3mm then it will suit for my other card which doesnt as such needs any gap filling. PMing you about the pricing and such....

PM'ed you, only one pack dude :D Please leave some for my future needs or I'll have to run to SW for something so small :D

@thebanik

pm me with your address. Pay for shipping and i'll send some over.

I'd gotten a few pieces of the tape from 3M. this is the really think type stuff the 8015 something series.

stalker said:
@thebanik

pm me with your address. Pay for shipping and i'll send some over.
I'd gotten a few pieces of the tape from 3M. this is the really think type stuff the 8015 something series.

thanks a lot stalker, YGPM....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back