WTB: Used RAM 2-2-2-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocked

Disciple
Hi

I am looking to buy used RAM with 2-2-2-5 latency.

Price: as low as possible
Date of purchase: not more than a year back
Brand: Any
Configuration 2x512MB

get switch's OCZ gold VX. 512*2 = 1GB.

Does 270 at 2-2-2-5 @ 3.6 Volts.

Expected give away price is like 6K shipped.

PM him for details.

Since you have an A8N-E, you'll most probably need Samsung TCCD RAM which can do 230-240 Mhz at 2-2-2-5. the problem is that they are extremely rare.

I'd actually recommend Samsung UCCC which is available in Transcend kits of 1GB and 2GB which does 240-250 @ 3-4-4-8.

I might think of selling my OCZ ( TCC5 ). But only if I get a good price for it. PM me and we'll discuss it. :eek:hyeah:

overclocked said:
BTW what do you ppl recommend Kingston HyperX or OCZ gold VX.

Both are based on the same Winbond CH-5 UTT chips. So both would do equally well. However CH-5 UTT stuff is very voltage hungry, so with the limited voltage options on the Asus board you would manage stock speeds at 2-2-2-5 timings at best and perhaps a very tiny overclock. To overclock CH-5, it usually requires something above 3.0V.

I thought the kingston hyperx was old skool CH though I could be wrong... Doesn't change the fact that it'll require insane voltages though. The TCC5 of zhop is the best deal.

Chaos said:
I thought the kingston hyperx was old skool CH though I could be wrong... Doesn't change the fact that it'll require insane voltages though

Nah, I'm mostly the one wrong hehe :eek:hyeah:. I dint check, I too had a strong feeling it was old school CH-5. But just wanted to convey that either require good amounts of voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back