www.shopyourworld.com - my nightmare

abbY

Skilled
Hey folks,
I had a nightmarish experience trying to source a Nexus4 from Global Shopping India - buy Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Home Appliances & more @ ShopYourWorld.com and I would like to strongly recommend everybody to stay off this website.
Its a BIG Scam ! Google for reviews if you need !

My timeliness in brief

Dec4: Ordered for Product - Google Nexus 4 - 8GB for 21,620
Dec5: Asked for a Cancellation after I read the reviews, the next day ! Duh ! Its took ages to reach the customer care, was assured that I will get the product in my hand by 14 Dec
De14: After spending half a day trying to connect to customer care, they tell me product will be available on 16
Dec16: After spending half a day trying to connect to customer care,They tell me product will be available on 17
Dec17: After spending half a day trying to connect to customer care,They tell me product is sold out, I ask for a cancellation

Dec18 - Dec20: I call them every single day (phones calls went unanswered on most days).
Dec21: I storm into their office - which wears a deserted look. Was made to wait for 30mins before somebody come to the reception. Not more than 3-4 employees working there. I was assured that the amount will be refunded in 2 days.

Dec23: I receive a confirmation from the bank that only Rs10,000 has been refunded.

Dec25 to Jan10: I call them every single day, trying a hundred times before somebody finally answers the call. During this period I visited their offices twice, every time I went there I was made false promises that the amount has been refunded but there is some " technical issue" with the bank
During this period I tried file a complaint with the cybercrime department- phone not answered and no reply to e-mail.

Jan14: I walk into the office with my Aunt who was is a government officer ( don't want to get into the details of the designation,luckily this organization fell into her jurisdiction). Her presence made a difference. The refund for the balance was done on the spot and I got all my dues cleared.

I empathize with all of you who have had poor experiences, but keep trying ( the mental harassment is the worst part of the deal).

Office Address:
385/First Floor Cardinal Gracias Road

Opp Hotel Samraj
Chakal Andheri East

Alternate Number:
022-61323200 ( board line number)

Worst part is that these folks still have the product listed as available, with an ETA of about 15days. When the product itself is sold out globally.
Google Nexus 4 Smartphone by LG (8GB) - Factory Unlocked (Pre-order)/Google Nexus: ShopYourWorld.com

I really wish to get in touch with Anynymous or some other group who can bring down this website.I don't care about the rare product being delivered, but the nightmare for a month that I went through, I just don't want anybody else to go through. So please do not chose this website, ever !

Thanks for a helpful info mate. I still receive a lot of deals in my mail from this site.. Now, I can safely click 'Report Spam' button and delete it off my bookmark ( even though the listing on the sites are really tempting)

there's no way to delete our account once you register it, in these kind of sites. example -shopclues, koov's, shopyourworld, indiaplaza, and many more.

Thanks for sharing. I have been trying to get a refund from them for about a month now after ordering Nexus. Unfortunately, I live in Bangalore and cannot visit their office. It will be great if someone from Mumbai who too is running behind ShopYourWorld could help me out.

Back