Budget 21-30k X570 motherboard with all bells but don't cost a hole in pocket suggestions needed.

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Currently I was playing to upgrade my 2010 and phenom X ii 1055t system.

Planning either ryzen 9 3900x or ryzen 3950x but depending on the budget I can make.

What will be best x570 mobo I can get withing ₹30k at max for Mobo ? And which brand ?

Also will it support ryzen 9 3950x if I wish to go for that ?

Rest all components are fixed or I already have it so not using template for this one [emoji28]

Currently I was playing to upgrade my 2010 and phenom X ii 1055t system.

Planning either ryzen 9 3900x or ryzen 3950x but depending on the budget I can make.

What will be best x570 mobo I can get withing ₹30k at max for Mobo ? And which brand ?

Also will it support ryzen 9 3950x if I wish to go for that ?

Rest all components are fixed or I already have it so not using template for this one [emoji28]
A bit long-winded but very detailed comparison by the mobo guru in Youtube-

Would you like a brand new Taichi x370 - new and billed as you pay, for just 15k shipped?
Highest end VRM for x370 and same as x570. The only thing you will lose is pcie 4.0 which is pretty pointless
Why so? I just bought one yesterday. And on my other x370 I ran 4000 MHz ram just fine, so I really don't see why spending money on kaccha mobos with fans on heatsinks is worth it at this moment. PCI 5.0 is out next year.
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to mention peak current required by the 105W 3900x is just 140A. PEAK.
The taichi can do 450A+ I think.

Would you like a brand new Taichi x370 - new and billed as you pay, for just 15k shipped?
Highest end VRM for x370 and same as x570. The only thing you will lose is pcie 4.0 which is pretty pointless
Why so? I just bought one yesterday. And on my other x370 I ran 4000 MHz ram just fine, so I really don't see why spending money on kaccha mobos with fans on heatsinks is worth it at this moment. PCI 5.0 is out next year.

Forgot to mention peak current required by the 105W 3900x is just 140A. PEAK.
The taichi can do 450A+ I think.
Warranty ?

I have an x370 titanium on sale. Used it three months. Warranty is a year unless I find the invoice (import date + 3 years.)
X370 taichi - 3 years from the date of purchase. It made sense. And it works for my article. Only headache is flashing the bios once.

I have an x370 titanium on sale. Used it three months. Warranty is a year unless I find the invoice (import date + 3 years.)
X370 taichi - 3 years from the date of purchase. It made sense. And it works for my article. Only headache is flashing the bios once.
Yea I read that we need to visit vendor for it [emoji2955]

I mean, well, anyone with a Ryzen 1 in the vicinity would help. Takes ten minutes.

I will even be able to do it and send it. Your call =)

Technically you don't need a CPU for BIOS upgrade on a X370 board as they support BIOS flashback.

I had to use this feature on my Asus X370 board a few weeks back after a botched BIOS update via UEFI albeit I had a R7 1700 sitting in the socket.

Keep in mind your USB drive has to be below 16 GB, formatted to FAT32 and you can only have the BIOS file on the USB drive and nothing else.
Also consult the manual to find out which USB port on the I/O plate is the BIOS flashback port.

This method doesn't need a CPU/RAM but PSU only.

x370 taichi doesn't have flashback. My x370 titanium does. That's how I got a 2600 to run on it out of the box.

x370 taichi doesn't have flashback. My x370 titanium does. That's how I got a 2600 to run on it out of the box.
Damn. Makes sense with MSI though. They had 16 MB BIOS ROMs on all their older boards which cannot hold the entire AGESA microcode for Zen 2 without cutting other features like RAID.

No, sorry to say, your assumptions about a few things are wrong here.
1. Msi has flashback on decent first gen and practically all second gen boards.
2. 16MB flash ROM allows for AGESA for all but the first gen APUs, low quality / missing graphics (fine by me I rather like it like this) and RAID. Raid Is not ready for prime time. Its coming back very soon. Please read the release notes for x370 titanium BIOS. This is still technically a BETA.
3. There will be rapid AGESA updates now. See the firmware release cycle of the x570 taichi and a lot of reviewers redoing their work. Graphics may make a comeback. RAID has already begun to come back here and there. I was reading some obscure stuff at 4 am and can't remember which board... But it was x370.

No, sorry to say, your assumptions about a few things are wrong here.
1. Msi has flashback on decent first gen and practically all second gen boards.
My bad there. I forgot the Taichi is AsRock. That was my first choice during Zen 1 launch but went with Asus Crosshair VI Hero as it ran G.Skill FlareX 3200 MHz CL14 RAM Kit at full speed OOTB.
2. 16MB flash ROM allows for AGESA for all but the first gen APUs, low quality / missing graphics (fine by me I rather like it like this) and RAID. Raid Is not ready for prime time. Its coming back very soon. Please read the release notes for x370 titanium BIOS. This is still technically a BETA.
Yes but MSI cheaps out on hardware which you can never accuse Asus of doing in the mid to high range (On the other hand their software sucks ba**s). Thats why you see MSI rushing to relaunch their 400 series linup with Max monikers which have 256 MB ROM for BIOS.My C6H has 128 MB ROM and the C7H has 256 MB ROM.

Moreover from the point of future proofing think about Zen 2+ (or whatever AMD calls it) which will launch on refined 7 nm next year. Going by the 16 MB issue on current MSI mobos I would say there might be problems later on with Zen 2+ as well. Furthermore X370 will be 3 generations old by then and support priority in terms of updates/Bug fixes will be even slower by then.

MSI current lineup in the mid to high range is pretty overpriced as well at least in X570. But they have understood it and tying up with CoolerMaster to include 240 mm AIOs with some mobos from 17k+.

The Titanium is the X370 flagship from MSI but Buildzoid took a dump all over it with regards to the VRM for the price.

3. There will be rapid AGESA updates now. See the firmware release cycle of the x570 taichi and a lot of reviewers redoing their work. Graphics may make a comeback. RAID has already begun to come back here and there. I was reading some obscure stuff at 4 am and can't remember which board... But it was x370.
Thats true for the brand new X570 boards but not for older boards e.g. Asus launched AGESA 1.0.0.3AB BIOS for the X570 C8H on 5th July but I am still waiting for the same on my C6H so that I can buy a 3900X.

I would suggest OP to not go below X470/B450 since he's getting a brand new mobo anyways.
If he can live with the fan then X570 boards are a good choice as well at least from a support perspective for the next 2 years.

Well, your CH6 has the same ROM (16MB) as the taichi x370. No news here.
MSI gave the titanium 1.0.0.3 on the first of July. Its running 4000MHz RAM. I doubt you can say that of the CH6 or even CH7 right now. Not sure of the support perspective. Asrock Taichi got it on the 3rd of July.
Why suggest the OP to go for overpriced x570 with a stop-gap meaningless PCI-e rev? I mean no disrespect but that is not money well spent.
Next CPU release could be on a new socket. But then you never know. I expect a revision on AM4... but you never know. I'm thinking AM4+.
Buildzoid talking about less heat efficient mosfets.. on by far the best x370 heatsink...
Read THIS. It lends perspective that you may be producing 4W/100A load more than more efficient temps, but when offset by cooling (which the titanium actually has a solid finned heatsink with heatpipes for), you may even end up with better temps.
With Ryzen 1-3, max transient current requirement is 140A. The titanium does ~260A. The Taichi does >400A. These are sustained ratings at 125*C. There are levels to overkill. Yes, at the time of launch, the titanium was pitted against the CH6 and the latter had more expensive VRMs, so buildzoid had every right to say MSI could have risen to the level of the competition. Want to see him take a dump on good VRMs with bad heatsinks? lookup x470 prime or x470 strix-I... one of the two... BAD bad bad... despite sharing most components with the CH7, the board just had a BAD heatsink. That broke it. While the x370 titanium was a 'could have been better theoretically' , it became the 'asus is downright not one he could recommend at all.'

I was going through the net to see pcie 4 SSD and seems it is coming soon. Corsair is taking preorder for 1tb in us for around 250 USD and that seems good for a 5gb speed they claim. Samsung cost 27k in India for 3.5gb speed if I am not wrong on their Evo 970 series ...

What's your take on this ?

Well, your CH6 has the same ROM (16MB) as the taichi x370. No news here.
MSI gave the titanium 1.0.0.3 on the first of July. Its running 4000MHz RAM. I doubt you can say that of the CH6 or even CH7 right now. Not sure of the support perspective. Asrock Taichi got it on the 3rd of July.
Why suggest the OP to go for overpriced x570 with a stop-gap meaningless PCI-e rev? I mean no disrespect but that is not money well spent.
Next CPU release could be on a new socket. But then you never know. I expect a revision on AM4... but you never know. I'm thinking AM4+.
Buildzoid talking about less heat efficient mosfets.. on by far the best x370 heatsink...
Read THIS. It lends perspective that you may be producing 4W/100A load more than more efficient temps, but when offset by cooling (which the titanium actually has a solid finned heatsink with heatpipes for), you may even end up with better temps.
With Ryzen 1-3, max transient current requirement is 140A. The titanium does ~260A. The Taichi does >400A. These are sustained ratings at 125*C. There are levels to overkill. Yes, at the time of launch, the titanium was pitted against the CH6 and the latter had more expensive VRMs, so buildzoid had every right to say MSI could have risen to the level of the competition. Want to see him take a dump on good VRMs with bad heatsinks? lookup x470 prime or x470 strix-I... one of the two... BAD bad bad... despite sharing most components with the CH7, the board just had a BAD heatsink. That broke it. While the x370 titanium was a 'could have been better theoretically' , it became the 'asus is downright not one he could recommend at all.'
The C6H has 128 MB BIOS ROM mate. Look up here-

This is the first thing I checked when the MSI 16 MB BIOS ROM news came out. :p

Well the MSI one is 1.0.0.3a not the AB one which has both VCore and VSoC fixes. Furthermore its a BETA BIOS so expect a bit of a hiccup here and there in long term usage.

I am not pushing the OP to get X570. Personally I would go for X470 since the 40mm fan on the X570 will go first and PCIE 4.0 is useless for most of our usage.
5 GB/s on PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD sounds awesome but its like buying a Ferrari to race on dirt roads in Bihar. No one except for people expecting microsecond seeks with raw 4k footage in Adobe suites need that bandwidth.

The VRMs are okay for OP's usage but what I am but I don't think X370 is at all a good choice in the long run for a brand new build. Also the OP doesn't seem to be a overclocker so I would go for stability,future support and VFM first.
Well AMD has officially confirmed commitment to AM4 till 2020 so we can definitely expect Zen 2+ to use AM4 as well.

X470 Prime is a lower mid-range board and the Strix is a mini-ITX board which no one in their right mind should be OC'ing in India with the shitty ITX case options we have here.

I was going through the net to see pcie 4 SSD and seems it is coming soon. Corsair is taking preorder for 1tb in us for around 250 USD and that seems good for a 5gb speed they claim. Samsung cost 27k in India for 3.5gb speed if I am not wrong on their Evo 970 series ...

What's your take on this ?
Forget that. Even PCIE 3.0 nvme SSDs don't have much of a difference in real life usage with SATA SSDs except for some extreme use cases like editing raw 4k footage.
Save your money and spend it on the GPU/monitor.
Even a 2080Ti doesn't saturate a PCIE 3.0 x16 interface and it uses a tad over PCIE 3.0 x8 bandwidth when running at full throttle.
X570 doesn't seem good to me personally because that chipset fan irks me. It might be different for you though.
BTW whats your GPU?

Last edited:
I just threw away a modified 2070. 50C max on water. Anyway, yes pcie 4.0 is dumb at this point. Besides, people are fed up with the sound the fan makes, and it'll get worse with dust and as the bearings age. Easy point of failure = high rpm small fan.

All fixes will come. Everything is practically beta right now. On all boards. Sometimes I feel we are developing epic and thread ripper software through ryzen boards.

There is great x370. And then good X470. The question is budget, and that both chipset are largely symmetrical. The only significant difference is that diasy chain topology was adopted over T topology.

And lastly you keep saying 128 MB. Look carefully, it's 128 Mb. Not MB. It's 16MB. EEPROM is expensive, esp high reliability BIOS chips. Mosfet are cheap. A good MOSFET chip is just 20c. Still with every power phase the price goes up substantially.

Most probably I will be going for navi highend if better the 2080ti in performance and pricing is right. Currently I am only planing for cpu + Mobo + 32 GB ram at the moment. I have a old GTX 760 so for the time being it's alright for me as not much of games I am playing as of now.

I just threw away a modified 2070. 50C max on water. Anyway, yes pcie 4.0 is dumb at this point. Besides, people are fed up with the sound the fan makes, and it'll get worse with dust and as the bearings age. Easy point of failure = high rpm small fan.

All fixes will come. Everything is practically beta right now. On all boards. Sometimes I feel we are developing epic and thread ripper software through ryzen boards.

There is great x370. And then good X470. The question is budget, and that both chipset are largely symmetrical. The only significant difference is that diasy chain topology was adopted over T topology.

And lastly you keep saying 128 MB. Look carefully, it's 128 Mb. Not MB. It's 16MB. EEPROM is expensive, esp high reliability BIOS chips. Mosfet are cheap. A good MOSFET chip is just 20c. Still with every power phase the price goes up substantially.
Goddamn bastards at Asus and stupid me. Who the hell gives bits for a storage device nowadays. :(

BTW most X370 and X470 boards use daisy chain (except C6H and Taichi)whereas X570 uses T-topology across the board.
X370 is a decent choice but for a new mobo I would still get a X470 just because mobo vendors just might drop/drastically reduce the support for X370 for Zen 2+ but not for X470 if AMD ups the core counts even more to combat Comet Lake coming in 2020.

The sweet spot for Zen 2 is 3600 MHz and I guess the X470 boards will be better at it with non Samsung B-die memories in spite of the IMC being on the CPU itself since they have better memory traces by design. I paid almost 20k for a 2x8 GB FlareX kit back when Zen 1 came out.

This is something I found earlier from Reddit for out older mobos-

BTW DDR4 prices will go up shortly due to Japan-South Korea WW2 reparations issues so better get them now.

Goddamn bastards at Asus and stupid me. Who the hell gives bits for a storage device nowadays. :(

BTW most X370 and X470 boards use daisy chain (except C6H and Taichi)whereas X570 uses T-topology across the board.
X370 is a decent choice but for a new mobo I would still get a X470 just because mobo vendors just might drop/drastically reduce the support for X370 for Zen 2+ but not for X470 if AMD ups the core counts even more to combat Comet Lake coming in 2020.

The sweet spot for Zen 2 is 3600 MHz and I guess the X470 boards will be better at it with non Samsung B-die memories in spite of the IMC being on the CPU itself since they have better memory traces by design. I paid almost 20k for a 2x8 GB FlareX kit back when Zen 1 came out.

This is something I found earlier from Reddit for out older mobos-

BTW DDR4 prices will go up shortly due to Japan-South Korea WW2 reparations issues so better get them now.
Oh gosh this is so stupid now of asus [emoji3525]

32gb kit is around 20k at primeabgb online I suppose.

I will be mostly going for a x470 then if x570 gen.4 is not that much of the hype. Let us see as Asus is releasing gen 4 support for x470 Mobo but amd is not happy so a bit waiting will be great as much as I read today. May be other vendors would also go for the x470 gen.4 support.

By the way one thing I am always confused is will x470 or x570 fix in my phantom 410 cabinet ?

I always get confused with the sizing of the motherboards [emoji28]

Back