Xbox 360 vs PlayStation 3 : A Technical Comparison

Head 2 Head

The Specs are out and I know the TE techies are looking forward to a head to head between the two. Here's one of those:

It's the battle of the ages, played out with a new generation of hardware that, for the first time, appears to leave even high-end gaming PCs in the dust. Opinions about Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3 vary, but it's pretty clear that both devices are going to kick ass. Looking over the specifications, and listening to representatives of both companies, however, I've come away with a few general thoughts. From a pure processing standpoint, the PS3 appears to best the Xbox 360, but a final determination will have to wait on actual hardware tests ... Xbox 360, however, drops the bomb on the PS3 in a few categories as well.

Read More @ WinSupersite

Pics:

ps3screen0019rr.jpg

11159276613mr.jpg

nJoy!! :) :clap:

Also Read:

The Ps3 and Xbox 360 Head to Head @ [RANK="hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1985-x-x-x?tag=boxcar_all_features_headline"]Gamespot ![/RANK]

Tech Specs Comparison sheet

Thanks to blade_runner for the info :)

Ya the Game Titles Which PS provides Especially my personal favourite Metal Gear
makes PS my choice over Xbox.

Other advantages is the CELL Processors ability & BDRom
also backward compatibility with PS1 & PS2 Games.

What more do you want.

talking of game titles, i'm sure xbox360 will have a good no. of titles this time. already ea is developing some 190+ game titles for it...but the main advantage for PS3 is tat it can play PS1 and PS2 titles as well :)

The backwards compatibility feature is just for show ! I have a Ps2 and i rarely use it for playing ps1 games. The only ps1 game i have played so far is BLC i think. Besides backwards compatibility is done through emulation. Thus not all games are guaranteed to work. Besides i would buy a ps3 to enjoy ps3 titles not ps2 :p. The xbox has some gr8 titles for it as well like PGR, Halo 3, FF (earlier with ps2 :p) TC: ghost recon, Ut 2007, etc ;)

Xbox has Xbox live... It might not make a difference here it could make a lot of difference in US... Also PS3 Controllar might not be that comfortable while playing games...

MS is launching HALO 3 along with the XBOX 360...also the XBOX comes out much earlier than the PS3 and will also be most probably cheaper than the PS3..

all these factors will make a difference in the sales apart from the specs!!

baasha said:
MS is launching HALO 3 along with the XBOX 360...also the XBOX comes out much earlier than the PS3 and will also be most probably cheaper than the PS3..

all these factors will make a difference in the sales apart from the specs!!
The early bird factor is sure to affect the sales figures for sure. But the price difference between the basic verisons of the xbox and ps3 is negligible so that's not going to be a factor. M$ better pull their socks up this time and get a variety of games other than fps's if they are to win this war :)

If PS3 is launched with a price tag anywhere near $360 (estimated XBOX 360 price), then I'll say PS3 is a sureshot winner. So what if MS is launching Halo 3. Rest assured Sony and Rockstar will bring out another GTA version to boost their sales :p

hell, even a Tekken or GTA game on PS3 is enough to pwn all the games on Xbox

PS3 for about 360$$ then its on my to-buy list..

blade_runner said:
GTA is a multiplatform game quick :p However ps3 already has some titles for which ppl will rush to stores like sucker :p
lol m8..i know tat...but dint u see how Sony made a deal with Rockstar not to release GTA:SA on any other platform before the expiry of a pre-determined time period. If I'm correct GTA:SA is to be released on PC and XBOX after a year or so since it made its debut on PS2.

Back