Graphic Cards XFX 7950GT Extreme Vs Sapphire 1900XT 512MB


Mafia

Banned
Sep 29, 2006
67
0
0
I am sort of wary of 1900XTs after the 9800Pro's died or high temperatures. I would recommend to get a 3 yr warranty on such a card and atleast a 2 yr warranty if you change the card too often, so for lord, 2yrs should do.
 

Nikhil

Well-Known Member
Adept
Mar 29, 2005
8,546
79
136
33
www.techenclave.com
Mafia said:
I am sort of wary of 1900XTs after the 9800Pro's died or high temperatures. I would recommend to get a 3 yr warranty on such a card and atleast a 2 yr warranty if you change the card too often, so for lord, 2yrs should do.
:rofl: :rofl:

You gotta be kidding me !! What relation does the X1900 XT have with the 9800 pros ??

Does this mean that you will never again buy an nvidia card for the 5 series fiasco ?? Or for the all the 7900 cards that died on their owners ??

OMG !! This has to rank among the stupidest posts on TE :rofl: :rofl:
 

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
5,367
175
202
Chennai
Mafia said:
I am sort of wary of 1900XTs after the 9800Pro's died or high temperatures. I would recommend to get a 3 yr warranty on such a card and atleast a 2 yr warranty if you change the card too often, so for lord, 2yrs should do.
the 9800pros had really dinky coolers.. the x1900 series get as hot but have a cooler thats a lot better ..
 

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Veteran
Apr 29, 2006
4,936
258
223
30
a pretty noob quest :

can two X1900XTX run on crossfire mode if u have two pci-e slots ?

if yes...must be producing owesome gfx .!!
 

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Veteran
Jun 3, 2005
5,936
2,407
377
Nikhil said:
Arrey....dont worry abt Warranty and all..... most GPUs anyway have to be sent to a centre from where they are RMA'ed.... like most Rashi stuff goes to Mumbai and all that....

And the fact is that 1900XTs dont fail so often. and if it does, you will only need to send it to Pune...

Dude, he is selling for 22K !!! You simply cant get a better price for a piece with warranty !!!

cummon.... I would hate for you to be stupid now....after buying some excellent stuff and sensible purchases like the Genius Ergo 525, the Dell and everything, dont be silly on the card.....

The extra 3K, you can spend on your girlfriend or on yourself :p
As i said, Its not just the warranty. I am going by the rule "Buy today what you can pay for tomorrow" :bleh: .

I am going get the stuff on my credit cards and pay next month. A bit short on hard cash right now as I have a lot of payments to be made. Had to pay my insurance premium last month, the LCD was also on the credit card and has to be paid now and I have lent a large amount to a friend for a while. Funkys offer is sweet, but I simply cannot cough up that amout of cash right now :hap5:
 

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Veteran
Jun 3, 2005
5,936
2,407
377
faheem_m said:
a pretty noob quest :
can two X1900XTX run on crossfire mode if u have two pci-e slots ?
if yes...must be producing owesome gfx .!!
one of them needs to be a crossfire edition card. I think. Anyway crossfire is not as matured as SLI right now, so the performance I think should be just on par with a 7900GTX SLI. Dont expect as much of a difference as you see bettwen a single 7900GTX and a 1900XTX in most of the tests.
 

Ambar

Well-Known Member
Adept
Aug 15, 2006
947
17
82
26
Hey sorry for asking irrelevant question in this thread

which is better

Sapphire X1900GT

XFX 7900GS

i have a budget of 200$ from newegg

my aunt said she hasnt ordered anything yet
 

Chaos

Well-Known Member
Veteran
Jan 29, 2005
9,161
1,031
302
50$ more and you have a 256MB X1900XT.... you cant get a better deal hehe.
 

stormblast

Well-Known Member
Adept
Mar 27, 2005
3,667
80
137
36
Mafia said:
I am not talking about medium to low settings. You will manage that just fine with 1GB. It is high and max settings that need 2GB.
u are so wrong. i am playing all games on high maxxed out full settings with aa & aniso on 1gb ddr400 @ 207mhz @ 1680 x 1050 res. ram does matter. but it also depends on the game coding etc. i havent found any probs with any game yet with 1gb.
 

Ambar

Well-Known Member
Adept
Aug 15, 2006
947
17
82
26
Chaos said:
50$ more and you have a 256MB X1900XT.... you cant get a better deal hehe.
Nahhh
9k final budget
no more
250$ comes to around 11.5k
 

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Veteran
Jun 3, 2005
5,936
2,407
377
stormblast said:
u are so wrong. i am playing all games on high maxxed out full settings with aa & aniso on 1gb ddr400 @ 207mhz @ 1680 x 1050 res. ram does matter. but it also depends on the game coding etc. i havent found any probs with any game yet with 1gb.
yeah, other than FEAR and Battlefield 2, few good games I played were RAM constrained. Though there would be inproved performance with extra RAM, its was never like the game did not run well because of lower RAM.

In all the games I've played in the last two years, I would have to say Prey is one damn good piece of efficient coding in my opinion. I cannot run Quake 4 at decent quality even at 1280 x 1024. But with Prey I am able to run it at 1680 x 1050 (no AA) without a jitter on my 6800GT . May be its because its made to run on consoles too. but still its a wonder that it runs so good.
 

stormblast

Well-Known Member
Adept
Mar 27, 2005
3,667
80
137
36
lord_nemesis said:
yeah, other than FEAR and Battlefield 2, few good games I played were RAM constrained. Though there would be inproved performance with extra RAM, its was never like the game did not run well because of lower RAM.

In all the games I've played in the last two years, I would have to say Prey is one damn good piece of efficient coding in my opinion. I cannot run Quake 4 at decent quality even at 1280 x 1024. But with Prey I am able to run it at 1680 x 1050 (no AA) without a jitter on my 6800GT . May be its because its made to run on consoles too. but still its a wonder that it runs so good.
u were also having problems with fear & bf2 cause of the card. both games ran perfect for me on a 7800gt & x1900xt. dint feel that ram would made any difference.

& yes you are right prey runs really good, but so does q4. but u felt that prey ran better cause it has more indoors than q4. also prey released a bit after q4 so some optimizations might have been made for it so it runs better.

@thexfactor - a 7800gt 256mb beats the x1900gt 256mb. so i dont know if buying a x1900gt is that great a choice.
 

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Veteran
Jun 3, 2005
5,936
2,407
377
Ok, there is a review of Graphics cards in this months issues of Digit. There are a number of inconsistencies I could find. The most being this.

According to it an MSI 7900GTX is far far speedier than a 1900XT and its faster than even the 7950GX in two of the games tested. I have never seen a review on the internet which shows similar results.
 

stormblast

Well-Known Member
Adept
Mar 27, 2005
3,667
80
137
36
lord_nemesis said:
Ok, there is a review of Graphics cards in this months issues of Digit. There are a number of inconsistencies I could find. The most being this.

According to it an MSI 7900GTX is far far speedier than a 1900XT and its faster than even the 7950GX in two of the games tested. I have never seen a review on the internet which shows similar results.
that is y u dont refer to digit for reviews. especially for any hardware benchmarks. lol
 

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Adept
Mar 31, 2006
4,085
140
153
AmbarD said:
Hey sorry for asking irrelevant question in this thread
which is better
Sapphire X1900GT
XFX 7900GS
i have a budget of 200$ from newegg
my aunt said she hasnt ordered anything yet
stormblast said:
u were also having problems with fear & bf2 cause of the card. both games ran perfect for me on a 7800gt & x1900xt. dint feel that ram would made any difference.
& yes you are right prey runs really good, but so does q4. but u felt that prey ran better cause it has more indoors than q4. also prey released a bit after q4 so some optimizations might have been made for it so it runs better.
@thexfactor - a 7800gt 256mb beats the x1900gt 256mb. so i dont know if buying a x1900gt is that great a choice.
Yaar read carefully ......he's comparing a xfx 7800gs with x1900gt, then chaos suggested to get x1900xt for 50$ more....I was replying in that context :p
 

hunt3r

Well-Known Member
Adept
Feb 17, 2006
3,598
49
112
32
stormblast said:
u were also having problems with fear & bf2 cause of the card. both games ran perfect for me on a 7800gt & x1900xt. dint feel that ram would made any difference.
& yes you are right prey runs really good, but so does q4. but u felt that prey ran better cause it has more indoors than q4. also prey released a bit after q4 so some optimizations might have been made for it so it runs better.

@thexfactor - a 7800gt 256mb beats the x1900gt 256mb. so i dont know if buying a x1900gt is that great a choice.
Naah, the X1900 GT beats the 7800 GT, in fact it draws even with the 7900 GT. But the 7900 GT can be overclocked a hell of a lot more
 

phoenix007

New Member
Disciple
Sep 22, 2006
47
0
0
lord_nemesis said:
I have got a very good price on the Sapphire 1900XT 512 MB from my dealer. :)
Just make sure it's not techboy's used 1900XT card:D:D Just Kidding!! I believe that's a good price.
 

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Veteran
Jun 3, 2005
5,936
2,407
377
phoenix007 said:
Just make sure it's not techboy's used 1900XT card:D:D Just Kidding!! I believe that's a good price.
check the show-off section, Its already in my hands..:D