Xiaomi laptops launched in India.

6pack

ex-Mod
horizon.png
non horizon.png

Mi Notebook 14Horizon Edition - Rs 54,999 upwardsMi Notebook 14 - starting Rs 41,999 for without gpu model
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX350
8GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
Super Thin Bezels & Ultra Light
35.56cm(14) FHD Anti-glare Horizon Display
512GB PCI Express Gen 3 NVMe SSD / 512GB SATA 3 SSD
Windows 10 Home
Up to 10Hrs of Battery

Operating System
Windows 10 Home

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-10510U Processor
1.8GHz quad-core with boost clock (up to 4.9GHz)

Intel® Core™ i5-10210U Processor
1.6GHz quad-core with boost clock (up to 4.2GHz)

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX350
Video Memory Size - 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Display
35.56cm(14) Full HD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare 16:9 Horizon Display
91 % screen-to-body ratio
178° Wide-viewing Angle

Memory
8GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM

Storage
512GB PCI Express Gen 3 NVMe SSD
3000 MB/s Sequential Read, 1800 MB/s Sequential Write Speed

512GB SATA 3 SSD
600 MB/s Speed

Interface
1 x Type-C™ USB 3.1 Gen 1 (For data transfer)
2 x Type-A USB 3.1 Gen 1
1 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI
1 x Combo Audio Jack
1 x Charging Port
2 x Type-A USB 3.1 Gen 1
1 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI
1 x Combo Audio Jack
1 x Charging Port

Keyboard and Trackpad
Keyboard:
Scissor Mechanism ABS Texture
with 1.3mm key travel
19mm pitch per key

Trackpad:
Multi-touch support

Audio:
2x2W Stereo Speakers
DTS Audio Processing App Support
3.5mm headphone jack

Wireless Connectivity
Wireless LAN:
Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi 2x2

Bluetooth:
Bluetooth V5.0

Battery and Power:
46Wh Battery
Backup of up to 10Hrs
65W Power Adapter

Weight and Dimensions:
Thickness: 17.15mm
Length: 321.3mm
Width: 206.8mm
Weight: 1.35kg

Included Software:
Mi Blaze Unlock
Mi Smart Share

Package Contents:
Mi Notebook 14 Horizon Edition x 1U
Power Adapter with Power Cord x 1U
User Manual x 1U
Mi Webcam HD x 1U (Free with the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition, will be given as a separate bundle)
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5​
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 /
Intel® UHD Graphics 620
8GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
Thin and Light
35.56cm (14) FHD Anti-glare Display
256GB / 512GB
SATA 3 SSD
Windows 10 Home
Upto 10Hrs of Battery

Operating System
Windows 10 Home

Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-10210U Processor
1.6GHz quad-core with boost clock (up to 4.2GHz)

Graphics
Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Optional: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 (2GB GDDR5 VRAM)

Display
35.56cm (14) Full HD (1920x1080) Anti-glare Display
178° Wide-viewing Angle with 81.2 % screen-to-body ratio

Memory
8GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM

Storage
256GB / 512GB SATA 3 SSD

Interface
2 x Type-A USB 3.1 Gen 1
1 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI
1 x Combo Audio Jack
1 x DC-jack

Keyboard and Trackpad
Keyboard:
Scissor Mechanism ABS Texture with 1.3mm key travel
19mm pitch per key

Trackpad:
Multi-touch support

Audio:
2x2W Stereo Speakers
DTS Audio Processing App Support
3.5mm headphone jack

Wireless Connectivity
Wireless LAN:
Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi

Bluetooth:
Bluetooth V5.0

Battery and Power:
46Wh Battery
Backup of up to 10Hrs
65W Power Adapter

Weight and Dimensions:
Thickness: 17.95mm
Length: 323mm
Width: 228mm
Weight: 1.5kg

Included Software:
Mi Blaze Unlock
Mi Smart Share

Package Contents:
Mi Notebook 14 x 1U
Power Adapter with Power Cord x 1U
User Manual x 1U
Mi Webcam HD 720p x1U(Free with the Mi Notebook 14, will be given as a separate bundle)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does the track-pad look little weird (too wide with small vertical height)? Or is it the camera angle? The USB C port is for data transfer only? Can`t it charge the laptop? Is it some software restriction ? USB C charging is so useful!!

The USB C port is for data transfer only? Can`t it charge the laptop? Is it some software restriction ? USB C charging is so useful!!
Could be hardware restriction too if the usb c port does not have the voltage pins connected internally. One by one we are looking at the minuses in the face now.
What a dumb laptop.

None of us haven't even seen it, still we could find so many glaring omissions. What was Xiaomi thinking!!
61k not a small amount for a laptop. Who will buy this?? How will they promote such a strange machine?
I know many people in India were eagerly waiting for Xiaomi laptop to launch, they must be really disappointed.
Reminds me of another beautiful but seriously flawed laptop from Huawei. Don't remember the name, the screen was brilliant, but it shattered in front of my eyes after a drop from 3 feet or so!!
It was not cheap either.

Last edited:
For me a soldered ram itself kills the fun SIC!
Exactly. 8GB Ram is the bare minimum now. What's the use of spending so much money if we can't upgrade the ram to make the system run smoothly?

None of us haven't even seen it, still we could find so many glaring omissions. What was Xiaomi thinking!!
61k not a small amount for a laptop. Who will buy this?? How will they promote such a strange machine?
I know many people in India were eagerly waiting for Xiaomi laptop to launch, they must be really disappointed.
Reminds me of another beautiful but seriously flawed laptop from Huawei. Don't remember the name, the screen was brilliant, but it shattered in front of my eyes after a drop from 3 feet or so!!
It was not cheap either.
Probably people who don't know better about tech will buy it. People who have laptops or watch tech youtube channels (which give good advice) won't buy it.

Please don't give them ideas. Apple is perfectly capable of doing such things. And once Apple does that, it will become the new innovation.
AFAIK, they are actually doing it with the SSDs.
Just a year back, didn't even think of going back to Windows.
Now it seems impossible to go back to Apple (specially laptops with so many restrictions)
It takes some time to set up a Windows laptop to serve your needs ( for me it was ASIO drivers, transferring ilok licences etc.) But once done, it's pretty stable.
Must get rid of the iMac soon ( the last piece of personal Apple hardware).
An unrelated question,
Is it possible to format the OSX partition into NTFS from Windows 10 ( installed with boot camp)?

Last edited:
Is it possible to format the OSX partition into NTFS from Windows 10 ( installed with boot camp)?
Bootcamp is for dual booting Mac cum Windows.
You can either format and convert the entire drive to ntfs or use part as ntfs.
But I doubt you can achieve it on a mac as mac wont recognize a drive entirely partitioned as ntfs and might ask to format it as apfs etc.
If youw ant to put the mac drive into a iwndows machine then ya you can totally do whatever you want to with it.

I already have Windows 10 installed with bootcamp. But can not see the Mac partition from Windows explorer.
Is there any 3rd party partition manager(for Windows) which can be installed to erase the Mac os partition while booted in Windows?
I have everything backed up ( not time machine back up, just the important folders are backed up in an external SSD)
Post automatically merged:

Earlier I tried to replace the SSD of the Mac with another ( with fresh Windows 10 installed in it from an old hp laptop)
The iMac didn't probably even recognize the drive as all I got was a grey screen with a question mark (like what you get with a faulty osX installation in old ML) Yes,I know, it was super dumb.
Taking out the drive is a major PITA. And the present Windows 10 install has all the drivers from bootcamp.
Logically, it can be done successfully only with bootcamp ( drivers) but can't figure out how. Will give it another shot tonight. If doesn't work, will just uninstall all the apps and allocate a small space for the OS only.

Last edited:
Windows cannot read mac partitions in plain terms but using tools like HFSExplorer one can.
As for erasing mac partition, you cannot do that as boot camp means mac is the primary os with mac partition acting like the master and windows being the secondary os and same applies to its partitions.
Wiping mac in bootcamp is like washing out entire/screwing up everything.
So either allocate only few gbs for mac and enjoy dual boot(bootcamp) else dump mac for good and shift to windows totally...

Dumping OS X is the primary goal. But the iMac I have is still working great even when running Windows 10. The late 2014, 27 inch one with i7 (4790K), 32 GB of memory, it probably came with a huge fusion drive, later replaced with a proprietary 1TB SSD. It is still my primary DAW workstation. Just stopped using LPX and moved everything over to Studio One, Samplitude and Live 10 suite (got for free with Push 2) The display still feels fantastic.
The entire setup was pretty expensive for me at that time (close to 4000 EUR)
I can possibly use it for another 3-4 years easily. Apple was really making fantastic hardware, before it all went to shit...
Sorry for dragging the thread to a completely unrelated issue.
Back to this laptop...really liked one thing, no logo on the lid, no ugly stickers inside.

Looks great but I doubt it works great.
Just like CA50 said above, no mention of upgrading any thing in this. No mention of extra hdd slot too. Probably because it so thin and I think it may be glued together.

Edit: found some scores on this gpu

Only upgradeable stuff here is SSD storage - wish this thing got (1) Back Lit Keyboard (2) Upgradable Ram (3) Micro SD slot - The Weight is perfect for carrying around, Display is gorgeous.

Upgradability at 14:46 position of this video.

Looks like that reviewer was trying not to piss off Xiaomi. He was acting too politically correct (if that's the term) and trying not to put down the laptop.
Going on and on about backlight KB and telling people to play on very low settings. Very low settings = 1280x720 @ low aa graphics I guess.
Looks like a "for show" laptop to me. Even old photoshop versions will suffer with just 8GB ram. Windows 10 will take 2 to 3GB ram itself. This is for very mild usage. Like browsing net and watching movies. 50k+ for this is too costly.
Someone should try install Ubuntu or other linux distro on it to see how much hardware works under linux.

Back