Xiaomi Mi 4i pre-orders begin!

Yet to use it as a phone. Heating is not an issue when using it on WiFi. Gets warm when charging, not using the quick charger. 30 min of camera made it warm. Definitely use able. Screen is stunning.

Got mine thanx to @Dare Devil .it's pretty well made. Doesn't feel like a 13k phone ,very good build better than even the mi3. Casual use no heating issues though did face a few app crashes-strange, for a brand new phone. But very happy with the purchase!thanx for all the help guys!

I am using the phone and the heating is not so much. Its quite bearable. Main reason of heating is that the processor works at its highest capability due to performance starving apps such as games etc + the slim profile of phone which does not help in heat management.
However, the phone does not heat up around battery casing and hence its not an issue at all.

For me it ticks all the boxes and I am pretty much satisfied with the phone. :)

Also the battery stand by drain is very less. Using it with single sim and overnight it just lost 1%. (wifi, data everything switched off)

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, Xiaomi phones are rooted by default, is there a easy way to slightly down-clock the proc ? My usage is pretty light.

I was thinking of buying the black version ( mainly because I don't care too much for the Moto G cam ), now in two minds.

If I'm not mistaken, Xiaomi phones are rooted by default, is there a easy way to slightly down-clock the proc ? My usage is pretty light.
You still need to flash a zip through stock recoverythat contains the root binary. However, the root app of MIUI is crappy. I'd rather recommend SuperSU.
You can downclock using Nofrills CPU control app. I tried downclocking my Redmi 1s but it started to hang to so I reverted back.

So only 10,000 units of Mi 4i were sold last Thursday ?

https://www.zauba.com/import-xiaomi-hs-code.html

2015-05-09_194445.jpg

Started using the phone, just came of two back-to-back calls : 66 min + 46 min. Phone was just warm - not hot. No heating up like a "iron box", "tawa" etc., as was reported.

Finish is great. Feels good & light in the hand. Screen is positively stunning.

One missing option that was available in Redmi Note is that you can run the processor at "reduced speed". Option here in 4i is "Performance" or, "Balanced" modes, theoretically may be same, but it is not explicit as in the Redmi Note.

Probably all the heating up happens when gaming, which I don't do so much. As mentioned, 45 min of YouTube video, phone was warm, not hot. Definitely usable.

Guys I need to bind certain contacts to one sim. For example. Whenever I dial contact A I want the phone to use sim 1 automatically and for other contactw sim 2. Any idea how to go about this?

Back