Xiaomi Mi A1 launched in India

PoBoy

Skilled
Xiaomi's first ever dual-camera smartphone in India spotted in Flipkart listing's source code.

http://www.bgr.in/news/xiaomi-mi-a1-likely-to-launch-in-india-tomorrow-source-code-reveals/

The source code clearly shows that the smartphone being teased will be called the Mi A1, GSMArena reports. Xiaomi first dropped its hat in dual-camera space earlier this year with the premium Mi 6 smartphone. Later, the company introduced a mid-range Mi 5X with similar camera configuration. Both Mi 6 and Mi 5X come with a pair of 12-megapixel standard and telephoto lenses. If rumors are anything to go by, the Mi A1 could just be the global version of Mi 5X.

A1 Launched.
SD 625, 3000 mAH battery, dual lens, full metal body, 4+64GB @14999/-

MI is comparing the camera quality to Apple and One Plus phone.

Also runs on Android One. It will get updates to Oreo in October according to Google and will get P next year.

Promo material

mi a1 camera.jpeg
mi a1 specs.jpeg
mi a1 xiaomi.jpeg
mi a1.jpeg

Comes for sale on Sept 12. How good is the front cam ? Only 5 MP for selfie

mi a1 launch.jpeg
[DOUBLEPOST=1504616412][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some articles also say UNLIMITED HIGH QUALITY GOOGLE PHOTOS STORAGE will be given by google with this

No source on how they will provide this.

Like pixel

Sorry ?

No OIS or EIS in a camera centric phone ?

Any good reviews on Mi A1 camera ? Most reviews just skip detailing.[DOUBLEPOST=1504623243][/DOUBLEPOST]
Google Photos will also be the default gallery for Android One phones to help users avoid running out of space, by providing free and unlimited storage of high quality photos and videos

From Google blog

Last edited:
Any good reviews on Mi A1 camera ? Most reviews just skip detailing.
not many good camera reviews are available. I found only one camera review which gives a basic idea about the camera. Basically the camera produces good pictures in good lighting and average pictures in low lighting. Videos are shaky due to lack of image stabilization. Also focus hunting problem is evident while recording a video. Overall the camera is only good for photos. Search mi 5x camera review in google if you want to check the review.

"High Quality " unlimited storage is anyways available in Google Photos for ALL phones. So dunno , whats the speciality here.
Unlimited storage for "Original Resolution" pics is what should be special.

"High Quality " unlimited storage is anyways available in Google Photos for ALL phones. So dunno , whats the speciality here.
Unlimited storage for "Original Resolution" pics is what should be special.
Pixel has unlimited storage at Original resolution
Some news reports say this also has unlimited at original resolution

I wonder if this will sell out in half a second like always. Worst experience with MI is trying to buy the phone. Why they do this? are they sadists?

thinking of buying the Mi A1, should I pull the trigger?

I was using redmi note 4 so far, and in short, I didn't like it, the camera, The Dac and build quality were the main reasons.

I checked 3 video reviews on MiA1 camera in comparison with Moto G5 Plus. All of them say that MiA1 camera gives sharper picture is best when used in outdoor photography. Moto G5 Plus seems to have an advantage in low light conditions. The images are not as crisp as MiA1. Personally, I liked how Moto G5Plus handled colour reproduction. The review said Moto G5 Plus either gives a too warm or too cold colour where are Mi colour reproduction is more close to the original. There is selfie flash with Moto and images look more natural. Mi beautifies selfies. Your complexion looks improved and there is a makeup feel in the photo.

In short, you can manage with both in outdoor. But indoor is not great. Especially with Mi.

Moto has EIS so video recording is smooth. Mi has 4K support, better background blur with sharper edges on focused item. I guess, only Mi has 4K support. Not sure whether Mi has an OIS.

Final word is Mi camera could have been better. It is certainly not the best.

Back