Xiaomi Mi A1 launched in India

Hi folks,

Just received the device and it has lots of dead pixels. Did anyone faced the issue? Have initiated the return on flipkart. Dead Pixel (1).jpg Dead Pixel (2).jpg Dead Pixel (3).jpg

Fingers crossed. Also I have tweeted them.
Don't worry, I've ordered a Laptop recently which switched on once and when I switched it off and put in charging and it didn't switch on again (never came back to life), filed a complaint and they sent me hand to hand replacement, means the courier will give you a replacement and pickup the non-working.

Have you removed the screen guard? If yes, this is worst quality control ever
Yes i have removed it as it has labels for volume and lock key controls and mi.com branding right in middle of it.

Update: Flipkart just approved my return. Replacement on or before 18th. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Last edited:
OK, checked, and it does not have fast charging. However, with a QC 2.0 charger, it does seem to charge faster.

Secondly, thank god for stock Android, one of the most irritating RAM management issues with MIUI is gone.

From reviews, they say it is good when you use a headphone. Much better than normal phones. One of the reviews I saw said that where other phones wanted to use 100 % volume on a head phone, A1 was doing fairly at 80 %. Hopefully, that is the same with external speakers as well.

Back