Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_launches_the_mi_3_smartphone_in_india_for_250-news-8970.php

Kudos to Xiaomi for killer pricing for an product that can compete with big dogs in the market. Really surprised and shocked. People thought it would be in 23-25k given Gionee E7/Nexus 5 closer to that range. But 15k is shocking but also amazing

Few highlights:
Snapdragon 8274AB version with Adreno 330 clocked at 450mhz
5 inch FHD display LG
13 MP camera

all these for 15k and Indian warranty. YIKEsS!!! Talk about killer pricing for new entry into Indian market. Entering with a Bang.

Last edited:
The "APPLE of China" as it is popular in some places had plans of expanding their business across the globe as we have seen on the internet over a couple of weeks, but what came as a shock to me was the price at which they launched their flagship phone in India.
xiaomi-mi3-16.jpg

Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has launched its first smartphone in the Indian market, the Xiaomi Mi 3. The phone is priced at ₹14,999 ($250) and will go on sale on July 15. Most probably it is gonna be available through Flipkart only and also 15 July might be only the date when you could pre-book it. Well, we would have to wait and see what is gonna happen on that date.

The most interesting thing here is the specs and price of the phone.
The phone packs a 5.0-inch, 1920x1080 resolution IPS panel from LG or Sharp, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC with quad-core 2.3GHz CPU and Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (non-expandable), 13 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera, 3050mAh battery and MIUI 5 on Android 4.3.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8274AB has one of the highest performing CPUs with a maximum clock speed of 2,265 MHz. It has 4 core(s), resulting in extremely efficient multi-tasking when compared to dual core processors.
Although I am in love with Motorola and Lumias, this phone is gonna give the flagships a run for their money so there is no way Moto and Lumia could stand in between me and Xiaomi. :p
And for those who are too lazy
140511-xiaomi-mi-3-comparison-nexus-5-galaxy-s5-note-3-lg-g2-xperia-z2-htcone.jpg

Also the phone is gonna have the google playstore which was forsaken for the Chinese Market.
And a review so you can postpone your mobile purchase for this.

The only problem I can see here is the limited storage and hope that they launch the 64 gig version soon and somewhat below 20k. Yeah, and the camera too is a problem[DOUBLEPOST=1404889881][/DOUBLEPOST]lol
11cd3dv.jpg

Last edited:
Personally speaking, the only bright spot with these chinese brand's advent is, that the competition will make the well known brands mend their ways vis a vis the pricing and the feature set on their phones.

Flipkart has put a 2000 rupees discount on Moto G.
I tried the Miui launcher. It looks great compared to stock Android launcher. But I didn't like the in app purchases in it. They want credits for small things like wallpapers, themes etc. Bean counters. Also the weather app on it does not work for India. The novelty of the launcher wore off quickly. I uninstalled it after a week.

^^^
Available for 14k and with 1k worth ebooks which I don't think everyone uses in India.
Anyways, comparing the MOTO G 16 gig and the MI3 16 gig at current prices, you can't deny that MI3 is way better deal.
BTW, I have tried the MIUI launcher on some phones and it doesn't tell how good the MIUI ROM is. The miui launcher is useless but the ROM is not.
But, to each his own. You should try the ROM if you haven't. You might like it.
And regarding the themes, they have free themes too which are good as the paid ones. Don't know about wallpaper.
And the weather app works fine on their ROM. Can't say about the miui launcher.

Last edited:
Believe me dear. Use it for a few days and you will never want to use the stock ROM provided by different manufacturers.

I've used it plenty. Right from the time when stock Android was terrible and MIUI was the only ROM doing a decent job. This isn't the case anymore. Stock Android has surpassed MIUI IMO, as have a few other skins. V5 is still stuck with Jellybean for instance. We have no idea how long they'll take to update to L once it releases.

Anybody knows where it will be retailed, i mean if online then which website ???

I think it will be OOS soon after the launch........so better gearup.

Anybody here from Delhi-NCR/Mumbai, buy me 1 handset if you can. I will pay u later.

^^Are you sure jellybean? They did a 4.4 update for MY

Spec wise the phone is kickass! Care to match any phone with such spec vs price and performance in the Indian Market today!

You probably cant have all the easter eggs in one basket these days!

There are little nagging issues like camera is not that great, signal tends to drop a bit at times, some of the users aint going to be happy with MIUI, no 4G, limited to 16GB of internals no expansion; but all in all what phone is there in the market, including Chinese counterparts as well as re-branded ones that could give a run for this 15K so so.. If it totally a confirmed pricing on landing![DOUBLEPOST=1404814995][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah and when it breaks down it'l be a 15k paperweight. ASS people, ASS is the most important!

I didnt know most people ran drop tests on a phone they buy!! :confused:
Most people here put scratch guard, casing and what not more to take care of the phone these days, typical Indian scenario!

Last edited:
Most people here put scratch guard, casing and what not more to take care of the phone these days, typical Indian scenario!

Do you believe that the only way of breaking a phone is by dropping it. By breaking, he meant the normal hardware issues that can arise during the use of a phone.

Believe me dear. Use it for a few days and you will never want to use the stock ROM provided by different manufacturers.

Used it for sometime, switched to GEL. Never looked back.[DOUBLEPOST=1404816947][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah and when it breaks down it'l be a 15k paperweight. ASS people, ASS is the most important!

Thats true of most of the rebadged phones. Many ASSCs have moved, and I am not talking about Karbonn/MMX - Nokia/Samsung too. PITA to get the details.

Most people look at drop tests to look at whether the device is strong/rugged/etc. What poster meant was that if the device breaks down in normal course of action, we are left with a 15K paperweight.

I believe they will take the online route similar to what others have taken - plus resort to a centralised RMA location.

The phone is not a corning gorilla glass display, I admit that, but again this phone has seen atleast 3 major markets in Asia and Xiaomi wouldnt enter a market like India and then get it all wrong!
Surely you need to accessorize (if that is the word) this phone for the long run. For the after sale support only time can tell, as iits too early to speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back