Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so in order to buy this in the next round I am going to live life a little dangerously. I always believved in buying what I can pay for, however in this case I am tempted to go in for emi for various reasons. But I don't have a CC. Anyone know how long it takes to get a CC? Will I get one in time for the purchase on 29th? and which are good CC providers I should opt for? Frm the looks of it on fk, hdfc has the least cost.

Flipkart has begun using Blue Dart esque tricks. Claiming that they tried to deliver the phone and I wasnt available. Clearly their 'In-A-Day' guarantee amounts to squat.
Flipkart.PNG

Ok so in order to buy this in the next round I am going to live life a little dangerously. I always believved in buying what I can pay for, however in this case I am tempted to go in for emi for various reasons. But I don't have a CC. Anyone know how long it takes to get a CC? Will I get one in time for the purchase on 29th? and which are good CC providers I should opt for? Frm the looks of it on fk, hdfc has the least cost.

Depends on the bank mostly. Can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. I don't think there's any possibility of getting one before the next sale.[DOUBLEPOST=1406138261][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody updated to the new stable? 592mb at first use. Brings to mind my PS3

The phone is good, running 4.4.2 out of the box, all the Google Services including PlayStore is installed with the phone. Usage space seems to have dropped to 10GB right out of the box! Swype Keyboard and FK App too is installed! So now guessing its FlipKart who has repacked!

Rooted the ROM.

The easiest way to root is to install CWM recovery and use chainfire SuperSu app.

You will need to install their phone manager software which installs the necessary drivers. I found it somewhere on Xiaomi MIUI site.

Thanks bond_bhai & Raghav_K, I did get the software suite installed and at the same time also connected it to a different port in case the front port's don't have enough juice and one of those things seemed to have worked :) on the whole the phone is really nice though it's not for me.

It's good that SwiftKey came preinstalled, but it doesn't update to the latest version in the Play Store.

IMP: I do not know if mine is an isolated case, but turning off the proximity sensor during calls (setting enabled by default) is an extremely.bad.idea. Once you answer a call, the screen doesn't turn back on until the person at the other end hangs up. The screen cannot be turned on by any of the physical buttons.

I got stuck on a call for about 5 minutes as the other person didn't hang up. The call-waiting screen didn't pop up when I tried interrupting the call. The only option was to reboot the phone.

Anybody else experienced this?

It's good that SwiftKey came preinstalled, but it doesn't update to the latest version in the Play Store.

IMP: I do not know if mine is an isolated case, but turning off the proximity sensor during calls (setting enabled by default) is an extremely.bad.idea. Once you answer a call, the screen doesn't turn back on until the person at the other end hangs up. The screen cannot be turned on by any of the physical buttons.

I got stuck on a call for about 5 minutes as the other person didn't hang up. The call-waiting screen didn't pop up when I tried interrupting the call. The only option was to reboot the phone.

Anybody else experienced this?

Remove the scratch guard

@Mastero, You have not updated your MIUI, that is a bug in v16, I too had the same problem!

To solve it, Go to
Code:
Phone> Pull up the Menu (Choose settings) > Phone (Call Settings)> Answer (Incoming Call Setting)> Proximity Sensor (Turn it OFF)

Check if it works

Fellow members please do not make this a thread for phone based problems!

Mi India
8 hours ago
We would like to clarify that Mi 3 does not have a “screen issue”. All you need to do is remove the plastic sheet attached to the phone screen.

Again, please be assured that all our products are tested rigorously before we ship them out.

[DOUBLEPOST=1406228781][/DOUBLEPOST]@abracadabra It is not s/w issue. Scratch guard is blocking the proximity sensor.

I'm not really sure though, cos I pulled my scratch guard off and still face the problem, tried a test calling my network customer care, couldn't hang up; the phone went totally blank, once I searched the miui forum, got the solution that I posted above!

Oh BTW, Enjoy your phone!

Been using the phone since Tuesday evening. So far, I'm highly impressed by the device in terms of design and performance. MIUI is a thoughtful take on Android, haven't used it since a long time back and it really sets the phone apart.

Even if you consider the normal price of $299 ~ Rs. 18000, it is still excellent VFM beating out every other phone in that price range. But at Rs. 13,999 there is nothing better.

Been using the phone since Tuesday evening. So far, I'm highly impressed by the device in terms of design and performance. MIUI is a thoughtful take on Android, haven't used it since a long time back and it really sets the phone apart.

Even if you consider the normal price of $299 ~ Rs. 18000, it is still excellent VFM beating out every other phone in that price range. But at Rs. 13,999 there is nothing better.
Agreed.
2 quirks for me:
1) Changing default apps is a PITA. Even if you change the default browser to say Chrome in the settings, it still redirects to the MIUI browser. Froze the MIUI one with TiBu and could finally select the one I wanted (Javelin; their stacks is awesome. Good take on Link Bubble).
2) No widget support on LS. So no Dashclock. :(

All the folks that have had the opportunity to buy this phone, when did you guys register, I dont seem to have gotten the invite or notification to buy the phone till date.

Why does the MIUI look like iOS? seems like this chinese company went full on to clone an Apple device.
Thier website borrows a lot of elements from Apple's too. The icons in the UI look very similar

Its weird to see hardly anyone talking about this? Seems like people don't appreciate when Apple borrows elements but when it android or some knock off chinese company its fair game eh

The reason I bring this up is because being a long time iPhone user I wanted to get away from iOS's interface.

Will hold out for the one plus one or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back