Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's everyone's battery holding up? Voice calling seems to be really guzzling the battery. Almost twice of what it did previously. Updated to v34 but dunno as yet if it's better. Also, the call quality while roaming has gone to the dogs. Maybe it's vodafone in Gurgaon.

I've heard from multiple friends and colleagues of mine, that their mi3's screen cracked due to slight mishandling, even I feel that the screen is very delicate and can't take stress. Anyone else whose screen cracked / shattered recently? The cost of repairing the screen is 7.5k, one can get a decent android 1 device with accessories in that!

Screen is pretty strong imo, i have on multiple occasions hit the phone while in my pocket with metal weights and nothing happened.

I am pretty sure 15-20kg dumbbells striking the phone in my front pocket while i am working out is considered a significant impact, but feel free to disagree :p
But i would like to add that even i have heard from friends that the screen is shattering under very minute stress, might be related to a specific batch. I have read that xiaomi uses components from various sources in their phones, mine is from the first sale.

I am pretty sure 15-20kg dumbbells striking the phone in my front pocket while i am working out is considered a significant impact, but feel free to disagree :p
But i would like to add that even i have heard from friends that the screen is shattering under very minute stress, might be related to a specific batch. I have read that xiaomi uses components from various sources in their phones, mine is from the first sale.
Hits from Dumbells is a pretty good way to stress test your phone :D. Well, my friend was a careless guy who used to drop his phone pretty often, it finally shattered after 8th or so drop.

How's everyone's battery holding up? Voice calling seems to be really guzzling the battery. Almost twice of what it did previously. Updated to v34 but dunno as yet if it's better. Also, the call quality while roaming has gone to the dogs. Maybe it's vodafone in Gurgaon.

Battery life is great but my call quality was never good to begin with, even changed my operator as was getting bad reception from vodafone. I hear noise or distortion in almost all of my calls.

Hits from Dumbells is a pretty good way to stress test your phone :D.

Please do not try this at home/gym :p

Battery life is great but my call quality was never good to begin with, even changed my operator as was getting bad reception from vodafone. I hear noise or distortion in almost all of my calls.

Did it improve after you switched from Vodafone? While I was on roaming some calls would have this super high volume. As if the volume was on 200%

Did it improve after you switched from Vodafone? While I was on roaming some calls would have this super high volume. As if the volume was on 200%

It did to a little extent, but its still bad. I also noticed that my calls start with high volume and then the volume drops after a couple of seconds, i think it has something to do with the noise cancelling mic on the back being covered by my mobile case. Never had the high volume bug.

^^
Did you guys try switching on 3G while making calls?

On my Moto G, the call quality over 2G is pathetic. So I usually switch on 3G before making calls. I can feel a lot of difference between 2G and 3G call quality.

It did to a little extent, but its still bad. I also noticed that my calls start with high volume and then the volume drops after a couple of seconds, i think it has something to do with the noise cancelling mic on the back being covered by my mobile case. Never had the high volume bug.

Maybe I should disable the noise suppression and try.

Hello guys, my MI3 is 4 months old. I have noticed a slightbump on the lower back side of the phone where the MI logo is. The back is uneven. Can it be due to a swollen battery?
Should i go to service center and get it checked or is it a build problem with many mi3?

It is giving me a battery life of 24 hrs with 5 hrs Screen on time with moderate usage. Earlier it used to give me 7 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back