Xiaomi Mi3, The Fastest Smartphone Xiaomi announces

senwrite1

Disciple
Xiaomi Mi3, The Fastest Smartphone
Size: 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: only 145g;
Six official colors;
Camera comes with Intelligent beauty corrector. It can also identify age and gender.
The GPS can preserve the satellite trajectory for 7 days.
Immersion vibration function with situational vibrate mode.
Price - USD$327 for 16GB; USD$408 for 64GB

There is two version Xiaomi released 1.Tegra 4 and 2. Snapdragon 800 (supports India's 3g network)

151141ianas28s7yd2iyym.jpg

Size, weight, color,
param_new.jpg

(TD version) Basic parameters: (3g not supported in India)
  • CPU frequency1.8GHz quad-core
  • CPU TypeNVIDIA Tegra 4
  • GPUNVIDIA GeForce
(WCDMA version) Basic parameters:
  • CPU frequency2.3GHz quad-core
  • CPU typeQualcomm Snapdragon 800 latest version 8974AB
  • GPUAdreno330
Photograph
  • Rear camera13 million pixels
  • ApertureF2.2
  • Wide Angle28mm
  • Flashdual LED flash
  • Front camera2 million pixels
  • Sensor typeCMOS Stacked
  • Both front and rear camera support 1080P video
(TD) network (Only China mobile)
  • Network standardTD-SCDMA/GSM
  • Network Frequency2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
  • 3G: TD-SCDMA 1880-1920/2010-2025MHz
  • Data servicesGPRS / EDGE / TD-HSDPA (2.8Mbps) / TD-HSUPA (2.2Mbps)
  • GPS+ GLONASS GPS, AGPS
  • BluetoothBluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth HID
  • WIFIWiFi Display, WiFi Direct, 5GHz WiFi
(WCDMA) network
  • Network standardWCDMA / GSM
  • Network Frequency2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
  • 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
  • Data servicesGPRS / EDGE / DC-HSPA + (42Mbps)
  • GPS+ GLONASS GPS, AGPS
  • BluetoothBluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth HID
  • WIFIWiFi Display, WiFi Direct, 5GHz WiFi
Battery
  • Capacity of3050 mA lithium-ion polymer battery
Multimedia Player
  • RadioSupport
  • NFC capabilitiesto support
  • Stepless vibrationsupport
Capacity
  • Memory2GB
  • High Speed Flash Memory16GB/64GB
Screen
  • Screen Size5 in.
  • Screen materialIPS Retina screen
  • PPI441
  • Resolution1920x1080 Full HD
  • Ultra-sensitive touchsupport
Camera
  • Video capture1080p (1920x1080) HD video
  • Otherauxiliary gyro stabilization
  • HDR real-time video
Inductor
  • GyroscopeSupport
  • Light sensorsupport
  • Gravity sensorsupport
  • Distance sensorsupport
  • Electronic compasssupport
  • Barometersupport

Last edited:
Very interesting news indeed, bring this to india at that price. I am sure it will eat the competition.

There is one correction as $408 is for 64GB model and not 32GB.

Obviously nvidia would be using it. But no branded flagship comes with a tegra4. Why ?

By the looks of that pic, it seems like a unibody design. Lousy battery life + non user replaceable battery isn't a good deal.

If a snapdragon variant is available that would be a better option.

Because Tegra 4 and S800 are the 2 latest and greatest SoC available to date. At $408 it has got S800 with 5 inch 1080p screen. 64G is an additional plus and MIUI skin is just a breeze to use.

For battery life i think 3050mAh can't be declared bad by today's standard at least.[DOUBLEPOST=1378376663][/DOUBLEPOST]It is also using a Cirrus Logic DAC chip, same used by iPhone. Now i don't know how well it actually sounds in real world but that is impressive to be honest.

Last edited:
I could get a few of these if people were really interested .. or any other model from China

That would be great. The only problem is that these usually are sold out in a matter of minutes when the company starts to take the orders. If you can still mange to get one let us know and maybe we can start a GO. The guy I know lives in HongKong, but don't know how many pieces he can get.

The Tegra4 version has TD-CDMA which doesnt work in India (its China Telecom exclusive in China). The Qcomm has CDMA2000/WCDMA which is what the operators here use.

Thats good news. I also want to try and see if it works on Reliance CDMA and I was hoping it was the Qualcomm version that would be compatible.
Do Xiaomi still give the option of dual boot. I remember them having this option where you could dual boot between either MIUI or a stock Android ROM on one of their previous flagship device.

That would be great. The only problem is that these usually are sold out in a matter of minutes when the company starts to take the orders. If you can still mange to get one let us know and maybe we can start a GO. The guy I know lives in HongKong, but don't know how many pieces he can get.
I know someone in the phone business itself in China, if you want to make a GO, money up front, and as you said its sold out quickly, then it has to be timely too[DOUBLEPOST=1378803280][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Tegra4 version has TD-CDMA which doesnt work in India (its China Telecom exclusive in China). The Qcomm has CDMA2000/WCDMA which is what the operators here use.
I can't come across CDMA2000 mentioned anywhere, any links please?

Last edited:
Back