Xiaomi Redmi 1S goes on sale on Flipkart for Rs. 5999

I've got a redmi for my dad and it does have the heating issue after a certain amount of usage!

Is the CM11 absoultely stable and does everything work?

Still waiting... wonder why they used Delhivery and not ekart? ekart would have delivered within 24 hours as usual...

Mine was delhivered today.....
Even I didnt like they outsourced the delivery to delhivery for MI phones.
Maybe their own ekart logistics for expensive for them :D

Just received the phone today. Flashed Mokee Rom(Based On CM11).
Will let all know the pros and cons by tomorrow.
@smnrock
Thankyou so much for your help. :) The phone is awesome. Will be using it till the nexus 6 releases and will keep it as a backup phone after that. :)

Last edited:
@jaydipmori, please share your CM11 experience on Redmi 1S here, I'm also interested in knowing about it.

Better tan Stock Miui 4.4.4 is fast always 330 mb ram free played heavy games Feel No problem at all

Plz follow all step mentioned in abovve link to insre 100% success flash and wipe data and cace

i never flash any mobile in my life and after 1S i feel i m Master in FlasinG :p

Just installed CM11 4.4.4 in Samsun NEXUS and Earned :p

Better tan Stock Miui 4.4.4 is fast always 330 mb ram free played heavy games Feel No problem at all

Plz follow all step mentioned in abovve link to insre 100% success flash and wipe data and cace

i never flash any mobile in my life and after 1S i feel i m Master in FlasinG :p

Yaar I m scared to do the steps.
6 years back, I tried to flash ROM on my first android phone, Galaxy Spica !!
IMEI was lost, then I have to pay some developer 20$ to get it back, some efs was deleted/removed.

If you are in Navi Mumbai, can u do these steps on my Redmi ?

I can vouch for this, just followed some simple steps to install Cyanogenmod 11 on the Redmi 1s and its ****ing brilliant!

It runs very smooth, can have more than 9 apps opened, no more crashes while playing music and surfing 10 tabs in chrome!

The best part is there is no need to root and install any memory management apps, everything just runs perfectly.

Apparently there are some small issues and bugs like the volume on the speaker is slightly low but other than that I haven't noticed anything bad at all.

It's goodbye to MIUI for me, at least on this device, and I would recommend CM11 to anyone who wants peace of mind and a faster, better more robust experience.

Just goes to show you the potential of the hardware of the device without all the bloatware and its just the beginning , CM will be constantly be optimized to run better on the redmi 1s

Here is the guide I followed - very easy and got it working under 30 mins

same guide as posted by jaydipmori
http://webtrickz.com/how-to-install-android-4-4-4-kitkat-based-cm11-rom-on-xiaomi-redmi-1s/

Props to that dude for making it simple.

Cheers! :)

Yaar I m scared to do the steps.
6 years back, I tried to flash ROM on my first android phone, Galaxy Spica !!
IMEI was lost, then I have to pay some developer 20$ to get it back, some efs was deleted/removed.

If you are in Navi Mumbai, can u do these steps on my Redmi ?

While flashing ROMs usually doesn't brick one's device, anyone will tell you that it is potentially risky. So if you are scared, don't do it. Just wait for the official MIUI update, imo.

i tried to update TWRP but it want work later i tried CMD it worked and follwed each step and even backed up my MiUI as well :)

W8in my 3rd 1S to delieer

Tnks

@jaydipmori , did you install that rom ? according to mods , the v41 miui5 for 1s is currently in beta and thats why they only gave that version to limited 1s in india for testing purpose . Any improvements in v41 over v37 ?

Back